ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Misfiring problem after loads replaced... HELP PLEASE

clio mk2 182 fullrep
Hi im hoping someone can help me, ive got a 1.2 mk2 full 182 rep. recently its been lumpy, so i had the TDC sensor done, fine, then the lambda, and knock sensor, then it still wouldnt run properly after engine management light flashing on the way home on friday and smelling burning, feeling like it was going to stall in 3rd gear, i pulled over and refused to start it again and got towed home..
anyway, all of this happened after i had all the sensors done on it, i went through the car wash which included a chassis wash, and i filled up half a tank of unleaded like i normally do.
turned my engine off in the car wash, turned it back on and the eml came on, and there was no power under my foot in first, it either surged forward loads of power bit like a kangaroo, and then nothing..

anyway, i thought it was a coil/spark issue, so after getting the HT leads off and seeing a smashed spark plug in cylinder 4, amongst the fact rubber from the HT lead was wedged around it and the whole edges ground down on the spark..., i managed to get this out, replaced all the sparks with NGK ones, and new coil pack and leads.

Its still running lumpy, infact i'm not even driving it its just sat outside my house, it starts fine but i dont wanna drive it with eml still on, when you rev it the eml goes mad flashing, so i thought i'll get it plugged in, and this is what came up..

P0130 GENERIC SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUCTION BANK 1 SENSOR 1
P0314 GENERIC MISFURE DETECTED CYL NOT SPECIFIC.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've checked the lambda for frayed wire etc, thinking the burning i smelt was either the lambda sensor sitting on hot exhaust, or the rubber burning around the spark often igniting?

Any help would be appreciated, i can go and buy a new lambda and get it fitted tomorrow, but i want to make sure first, if anyone can help MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! xxx