ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Miss fire issue

munchkin13

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182 FF CUP
Hey, right I know it's been covered but no amount of reading has helped!
I've scanned the car and it came up with cylinder 2 miss fire once cleared and doing a the checks with injectors ect was still there
Then came up with multiple missfire
All the injectors are working also seems to spark! Tried a different coil pack to no avail
I did have a split water pipe which ment IT got hot but didn't pver Heat
Sooo could anyone shed some ideas on what and where to head?

All help is Massivly appreciated

dan's cast offs.
how do you know the injectors are working? (please don't say by pulling the fuel rail and seeing if they squirted fuel)

mk1 Octavia VRS
Measure the resistance of all 8 injectors with a multimeter and post the values up here.

Have you checked the spark plugs are free from oil/water? If you haven't already got NGK platinums in there then I would replace them as other plugs can cause problems.

Ph1 Clio sport 172
my issue was moisture on the 2 x leads under the plenums. cleaned them all up and did the same with the plugs and runs like a dream. i was thinking all sorts, coil, leads, plugs, lambda but an hour of fixing and cleaning and she's smooth as you like

munchkin13

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182 FF CUP
Sorry guys slow reply! Sorted the missfire was unfortunaly another dead injector! Was spraying but not constantly!
But now I have a solid engine light on sometimes flashes and right to believe be that this is the pre cat 02 sensor? Have a decat btw
Runs fine bit rich and lump on idle and low revs