ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missed car insurence installments

Clio 1.2 (progress)
I have just got a letter trough from direct line my insurer saying that because I have missed a monthly installment they are canceling my policy, one I think I will lose my ncb two can they do that? Or can I just re apply? Anyone know there phone lines are down till 8am tomorrow.

BMW M135i
You'll loose the ncb you would've got after this year but should keep any you previously had. I'd be more worried about the nice black mark you've got on your credit history now.

Clio 1.2 (progress)
thats brilliant because i dont have any ncb im only 18, hence the reason i cant pay there stupid cost for insurence 240 quid a month pfft oh well cheers anyways

Clio MK2 (1.2)
^ £240 a month on a 1.2 :O nearly 3k in insurance your beeing done man,
im on direct line only costs me £76 a month on the 1.2, (third party fire n theft tho) but for fully comp it ws 400 more..

Clio on SL 2118s
gulp, how much???
im 17 got a mk2 ph2 1.2 and on a provisional with quinn direct and on my own policy for tpft it is £1017 which is about £85 a month.
for fully comp it was just under £1500 which works out at about £125 a month.
to be honest, id go with a different insurance company, sounds like youre getting ripped off.

congrats you will now find it very hard to get insurance. as you now have to tick the have you ever had insurance declined box

Seems a bit ridiculous to cancel because you've missed one payment.

I'd give them a ring and see if you can pay that instalment over the phone, then make sure you have the cash in your bank account for each remaining month...

they dont do it for just one usually tbh it sounds like there is more to it than is been said

but tbh why didnt you just get a car with cheaper insurance ??

Policies dont just get cancelled if you miss a single payment, they will resubmit for it with the bank, inform you in writing that it is outstanding and advise of a timeframe in which you need to pay or face cancellation. They want you to pay, it isn't in the companies interest to lose customers.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
congrats you will now find it very hard to get insurance. as you now have to tick the have you ever had insurance declined box

He hasnt had insurance declined!!.He missed a payment.That box is generally for medical conditions or if you have an offence that the insurers deemed unsuitable to them to insure you.

He's had insurance cancelled, so he'll have to tick that box.

He failed to pay for his insurance hence it was cancelled. Fair enough. I'd be more concerned about my credit rating than losing a few months no claims though.

80MPG BEEZA
ohh then the bank charge on top for a missed direct debit :(

i got caught out once as my pay went in a day late

ATR
What company are you with?
Phone up your company asap, pay the money, you wont have a problem.

With the company i work for this is all you have to do. If no response is received, a second letter is sent out, saying that your policy has been cancelled and any claims after the date of sending the letter won't be accepted.

Basically dont f**k around and get on the blower straight away.
might be worth running your reg through www.askmid.com to see if it is still active...

Ultra Red Clio 197
firstly you are getting ripped off paying that amount!

Secondly unless your insurance company is really anal..they they wont cancel your policy straight away. Ive missed payments two or three times, and I got a letter giving me 10days to pay or else the policy would be cancelled. Basically the reason behind it was because I had changed jobs and instead of getting paid on the same date each month, im now paid four weekly.. If you have the money, ring them and pay it in the morning, if you dont, ring them anyway and tell them when you will be able to pay it.. and make sure you keep to that promise.. Any decent insurer will understand that occasionally people do have a bit of financal difficulty so should be willing to help.

Though that said.... it prob wouldnt be a big problem if they did cancel it as then you could get covered somewhere cheaper! Like said above... try Quinn Direct!

D

dick

pmsl. i was 17, i had a 2 n half year old black dynamique.

it cost me 1500 a year inc 17" alloys and dropped 35mil... thatrs fully comp.

which is a lot, but still a damn sight less than you guys and 17 /18 is a big insurance drop...