ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missfire at around 1.5k

PH1 172
Hi everyone,

On my ph1 172 it has developed a slight missfire at around 1.5k on very light throttle, it has be parked up for a week while I was away on holiday and since I have been back it has started missfiring.

Is there a common-ish sort of fault as I am due to take my car up to RS Tuning on Tuesday for a remap?

It has had a recent full service including new geniune NGK plugs, I have tried searching for answers but not much luck.

Thanks.

PH1 172
Iv fitted a new lamba sensor and still no luck, will be tryin a set of ht leads once its cooled down a bit.

PH1 172
Well I tried the ht leads and no luck. I now think it maybe the TPS as its only on very very light throttle any sort of slight acceleration stops it.

ibiza cupra
mine does this too. ive changed the coil pack, ht leads and checked the plugs which were fine but nothing. i then changed the coolant sensor or cold start sensor as its commonly known but still no differance. so if the remap makes any difference oin yours then ill get that done and see it it works on mine.

monaco 172
mine does this too. ive changed the coil pack, ht leads and checked the plugs which were fine but nothing. i then changed the coolant sensor or cold start sensor as its commonly known but still no differance. so if the remap makes any difference oin yours then ill get that done and see it it works on mine.

not sure if i dreamt this but im sure i read on here somewhere that someone had a missfire and changed like every sensor and it was still doing it, they then took it to renault who updated the ecu and the problem was gone

PH1 172
I recently went down to RS Tuning, they found a couple of faults. 1st being that a bracket literally above the knock sensor was chattering causing the timing to be altered quite a lot, and last the new plugs that i fitted very recently had gone faulty.

So after the faults above fixed and the remap it has now gone, im not sure if missfire was cured due to the faults above being fixed or the remap but i can say that it dosent do it anymore.

I had a intermittant misfire at 1.5 - 2k rpm on load, i changed the coils, cleaned TDC, cleaned throttle body etc etc no change.

What it turned out to be was the plugs, i had changed the plugs several times before and still the intermittant miss fire (which could be very pronounced at times) persisted.......however the last time i did the plugs i used Denso Iridium Power instead of the Renault recommended NGK ones, and this instantly cured it, and its not missed a beat for over 7k now.

Try these plugs guys, it worked for me....and it also cranks first time every time hot or cold now, which on occasions it was giving me jip with before.

Worth a go!