ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

missfire at around 2k

clio
Hey Guys

I got a ongoing issue with my 172, sometimes well mostly at around 2000rpm I have a slight miss, which mean taking off at low revs is a bit of a b**ch, this happened around 6 months ago and a change of spark plugs solved the issue, please note that I put cheap shitty plugs in which solved the problem for around 10k KMs then it reappeared (they were shot).

I then changed to the recommended spark plugs (expensive ones PFR6E10, they are a Group 9 NGK item) but the misfire is steal present. Any ideas? car has 170K on the clock.

RB FF 182
I'm having a similar problem, but mine doesn't happen very often. Sometimes under light acceleration the car judders for a second or two, my revs won't increase, but they don't fall either.

I've been doing some reading and I'm planning on changing my coil pack and spark plugs as I've seen ALOT of people on here stating that changing the coil pack helps with things like this? I'm not an expert but thought this info may be useful to you!

Has the car been serviced recently etc??

RB FF 182
Oooo I'll try that my self! Cheaper than a coil pack!!! What's the best thing to do? Just an oily rag or get some white spirits on it or something?

ibiza cupra
mine does this when cold. if you hold it at 2k revs it will burble and splutter but stops when warm. ive done both the coil pack and magnecor leads and the plugs are in good condition with the correct gaps so im baffled:S. have been told that it could be a cold start sensor or somthing to that effect which i think is basically an automatic choke.

RB FF 182
Mines half warmed up, doesn't do it much when warm though. Almost feels like wheels are losing grip for a second or clutch is slipping. My mates got a couple of coil packs so I'll try them and some new plugs first! (plugs are about a month overdue anyways!)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
mine does this when cold. if you hold it at 2k revs it will burble and splutter but stops when warm. ive done both the coil pack and magnecor leads and the plugs are in good condition with the correct gaps so im baffled:S. have been told that it could be a cold start sensor or somthing to that effect which i think is basically an automatic choke.

Have you had any problems regarding it cutting off etc?

Clio 172 Cup
I've been having the same problem with my 172 Cup - my local garage diagnostics picked up nothing so they cleaned the throttle body, changed the plugs (NGK OE ones), fitted Magnecor HT leads & it still does it! Going to have to bite the bullet & replace the Coil Pack & hope that finally solves it - its starting to get expensive as well as blo*dy annoying now! A couple of people on another thread have suggested injectors, K-Tec also mentioned these when I spoke to them.

clio
i have had injectors cleaned last time, still the miss was present after changing the plugs it was fixed, this time I changed the plugs and cleaned the whole throttle body and plenum and the miss is still there, might have to try coil packs too.

can anyone confirm that changing the coil pack was the solution for a small low down miss fire??

RB FF 182
Mine's been pretty pants today! Tried to overtake someone in second gear at about 20mph and I had almost no power! lol Didn't really feel it jolting though which is a first...

My friend gave me a couple of coil igniters (I think he said they were "Pen type"), which he thinks are for a phase one, I imagine these won't fit a 2002 ph2 imported 172???

Clio 200 Cup
I have exactly the same problem with my 172 Cup. Don't rush to fit a new coil pack as mine is new and still mis-fires. I'm thinking TDC sensor..

I have the same problem, tbh I'm quite relieved that it seems to be a relatively common fault as I bought a 172 and it'd already been re-mapped!

On the back of the comment suggesting the problem could be due to the injectors I tried using Redex. But I put the additive in just before the reserve light came on rather then with a full tank, this work instantly! It ran perfectly for about a week until it ran out of the system.

Do you think this indicates an injector fault?

RB FF 182
Hi all.

Fixed mine!! Ages ago infact, I forgot to reply sorry!! All I've done is replace plugs and clean tdc sensor and throttle body and it's not happened since!!!

Also, started to run on premium petrol which makes a massive difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk