ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

missfire, doing my nut in!

Focus RS mk1
Can any of the boffins on here help, i have a missfire but it only happens high up the revs around 5000rpm. It misses the whole car will shake but only for a second or so then it will be ok revving all the way to the limiter.
Its only happened in 1st and 2nd gear :S. When it misses its pretty bad shaking the whole car, so far i have changed plugs, leads, coil pack and 1st oxy sensor in the exaust. im thinking maybe injector/s or TDC sensor?
Im just baffled as to why it only happens high in the revs and for a second or so then its fine. No codes present and no lights showing on the dash either.

Any help would be great thanks.

Rob

Honda ATR
Possibly a dirty crank sensor, could be loosing signal higher up the rev range. Is the engnie under full load when it happens?

Focus RS mk1
Possibly a dirty crank sensor, could be loosing signal higher up the rev range. Is the engnie under full load when it happens?

yes always under full load, i can drive around normal with no problem but the moment i give it the beans and hits around the 4500-5000 rpm mark it spits, will take a look at crank sensor, where is this located?

Focus RS mk1
after breaking down i now know it was the TDC sensor causing the missfire, after a long journey it completly gave up. good thing really as it was getting an expensive guessing game.