ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

missfire on idle as per usual

black 172 phase1
:dapprove:car recently had coil go ,so sounded like tank anyway replaced and car still sounds like rough idle ,also sometimes car just starts and stalls even if foot on pedal for a few seconds,replaced tdc sensor,water temp sensor, leads, coil,oil change and filter ,fuel filter ,got new plugs but shop only had super plus bosch in stock,cleaned throttle body and idle valve, car has whats only to be described as a pulsing idle, revving itself,idle drops quite low then back to under 1000,the car was doing this before coil went so ongoing problem.

mate used snapon solus and no codes so no better off ,anyone on here got an rs tuner chelmsford way that i can sort em out for using on my motor,anyway thanks for reading any help welcome.

ITB'd MK1
lose the bosch plugs. If you can't get PFR6E-10, at least get NGK BCPR6ES which are the equivalent grade plug but copper core and a LOT cheaper. Platinum tip plugs (PFR designation) just burn a little cleaner to protect the cat.

Having said that I dont think it's your issue, you need to get someone experienced with clios to look at it. Sounds to me like your lambda sensor is faulty (they dont always throw a code up)

ibiza cupra
lose the bosch plugs. If you can't get PFR6E-10, at least get NGK BCPR6ES which are the equivalent grade plug but copper core and a LOT cheaper. Platinum tip plugs (PFR designation) just burn a little cleaner to protect the cat.

Having said that I dont think it's your issue, you need to get someone experienced with clios to look at it. Sounds to me like your lambda sensor is faulty (they dont always throw a code up)
this is true, my lambda sensor was playing up for ages before a code came up.

black 172 phase1
just changed lambda so not that,how can you tell when idle or throttlebody has given up the ghost.............if no codes available

Last edited:
  black 172 phase1
right still got a pulsing idle ,car drives ok till you come to a stop then sort of revs itself light a blip when dipping clutch to come to a stop,diagnostic says no faults ,heard a rs tuner may fix idle but not sure and dont no where in essex to get it looked at ,any help welcome please........