ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Missing part

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I've just had my car back from the garage, had the timming belt done, its been really lumpy and does not seem to be running like it did before it went in.

On inspection I seem to be missing a part from the side of the engine.

Its a 51 plate 172

067.jpg

Monaco 172 (5/468)
the lifting hook is missing shouldn't affect running though

Thankyou mate, just looked at some other pictures and yes it seem to be the lifting hook, Was worried it was something more serious.

would they remove this to fit the timming belt ? as it was on the car when it went in to the garage.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
maybe to use the locking tool but i honestly cant remember if they clash or not

V70 d5 beast
^^ yup they reused it and put silicone to seal it up lol cheep skates their only like £4 and £6 .

340i
For the sake if a few quid just replace the damn things... and as Fred said, how do people remove them and not damage is beyond me!

took me the best part of half an hour to remove them without damaging them... and I only did that cos i'd just put them in that day else i'd have just paid the £11 something plus vat for a new pair.

Monaco 172 (5/468)
so would this need replacing at some point ? or will it last until the timming belt requires doing again ? because if it does its going back

thanks for all the replies

b/g 182, meg tourer
you only need the engine hoist bracket if you are lifting the engine out tbh. i would bother getting another one. you should go back to the garage and ask for your hoist bracket back tho, or demand a new one.
i have removed both engine hoists from mine... weight saving ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hang on.......................... if its running lumpy/not as good the timing could be out, i'd be massively worried about this, f**k the £5 seals!

Last edited: