ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mitsubishi Evo 5

1.2 Dynamique billabong
freaking awesome mate, this is stuff i really want to do, i really need to get off my arse and sort out a few niggles with my rig. also have you got a link to where you bought your lights / battery pack mate

great work buddy

^ Indeed I am. I bought the their pinch kit second hand.
The rest is a similar design but I did it all myself, it's A LOT cheaper!

There's some decent pics on my blog, should show you everything pretty well.

Here's an out-take of the rig on the evo:

8826_257592935289_534305289_8944640.jpg

EDIT: Christ my ass looks HUGE in that photo! I did have a load of tools in my back pockets though so I blame that! ;)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
just a quick question with the pivot point of your rig, can you actually lock tight in place there or is it just the steel cable that holds it in place

cheers
James

LOL!

Total n00b question, but how does it attach?

Clamped on the exhaust or something? What about the front?

Have a look at this post on my blog, you can see a photo where it is clamping onto one of the rails under the car. It's the same the other side.
It can be tricky to find places to attach it, and the M3 I did a shoot on had nothing to attach to, so I was buggered lol!

http://danfreemanphotography.blogspot.com/2009/08/rig-baby.html

just a quick question with the pivot point of your rig, can you actually lock tight in place there or is it just the steel cable that holds it in place

cheers
James

It can be locked yes, but that is nowhere near strong enough to hold the rig up, it might help with vibrations a bit though.
That cable is essential, there is a hell of a lot of strain on that cable! That's why I got 3mm steel cable which I think Im right in saying is rated up to 750kg! I think that should be enough lol!

This is where I got the cable from, they also do all the other bits too:
http://www.tecni-cable.co.uk/Stainl...ess-Steel-Cable-1x19-Non-Flexible-Low-Stretch

1.2 Dynamique billabong
awesome cheers buddy, yeah i nabbed some steel cable from work lol just got to sort out some last little bits

Have a look at this post on my blog, you can see a photo where it is clamping onto one of the rails under the car. It's the same the other side.
It can be tricky to find places to attach it, and the M3 I did a shoot on had nothing to attach to, so I was buggered lol!

http://danfreemanphotography.blogspot.com/2009/08/rig-baby.html

Noice!

So $125 and then some poles. My StepDad is pretty handy with building shizzle so I'm going to buy him to help me I think! lol..

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i got my poles off ebay for £40, (4 x 5ft 1.5" diameter aluminium poles - try searching radio mast) they are fluted at one end meaning you can slot one pole inside the other. i just then drilled a hole through them so i can bolt them together, meaning they wont come apart when my camera is hanging off the car lol

As Jim says, mine can slot into each other. Only reason I did that is so I can take it apart. A 4m pole would be a bit tricky to put in the back of a clio :)

Jubilee clips are good, and very cheap too.

Thinking about getting myself a rig, but need to use it wisely as the shots look very " Samey".

This was my main thought really. Exceptional images, technically very very good, but once you've seen a conventional rig shot you've seen a million (in my opinion)

That takes nothing away from how good these shots are, I just think it got to a stage where it's seriously overdone. Thankfully the likes of Evo etc have scaled back on rig shots significantly, those that you do see are often from a nice obscure/different/interesting angle.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Awesome awesome work..

Really gutted my car was playing up now when I had the chance to get you to shoot a few:dapprove: