ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk 1 172 Tyres.......again!

I have been having a look through past postings about tyres, and cant find any about any other makes than Toyo and Michelin.

Has anyone tried anything else? I have always used Yokohama in the past. Does anyone have any views on these (AVS, A539, etc)

Cheers

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ive got Pirelli P5000 Drago tyres which are really good in the dry and awesome in the wet, they just move the water out the way.

I believe the P6000 tyres are even better at this because the 5000s are rated as normal passanger tyres and the 6000s are the performance tyres.

The yokis are very good but everything Ive heard about them is that they are very soft and dont last

A 539s SUCK!! STANDARD CONTIS ON THE CUP ARE FANTASTIC WET OR DRY. P 5000 FANTASTIC WET OR DRY. ANY TYRE THAT GRIPS WELL!! WILL BE MORE PRONE TO DO LESS MILES.

P5000s are better than teh now outdated P6000s......and if you want cheap Pirellis gimme a bell as my bro in law is the UK distributor.

i like yokys i think they are fine......

expensive michlins and bridgestones will always be fab though.......i like bridgys