ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 16v won't start - no power at all

16v & FRST
Strangest things happened yesterday:

1st - the front wipers stopped working - heavy rain

So i tried all the fuses, all OK (the last two fuses to the left of the fuse box when removed the alarm churped once each then i replaced them)

2nd - Went to the car this morning and its lost all power ????

1) Tried the battery - Fine
2) Swapped Ecu - no difference
3) Tried turning the key on the alarm siren - nothing
4) The clocked stopped at 11.20pm at the same time as we had the hardest rain shower

The car is totally immobilized, is there a kill switch/ reset button on these cars?? as fords have a kill switch button - don't know what else to try as I'm only just familiarize myself with the Clio.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
So it doesnt rotate at all? Check the starter solenoid hasnt poped out, get under the car to see it.

Do lights work on the car? if there is no power might be dodgy battery terminals.

16v & FRST
Everything was removed yesterday to replace an gearbox mount and i've checked the connections this morning which seem okay, it sounds more like an immobilizer problem, or kill switch if these have one????

16v & FRST
up, running out ideas, check all fuses under the bonnet too, still nothing - not even getting any sparks when i connect the battery back up.

???????

Valver
So do you have power to lights radio etc? Check earths like the gearbox earth and the direct earth from the negative terminal to the body work, could be corroded?