ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 colour survey

I own a pearl black mk1 172 and wondering just how common this is - have owned a silver one and that seems the most popular

who owns what colour mk1?

anyone know the rough stats?

Black is one of the rarest although Yellow is the most rare.

Ironically quite a few yellow Mk1s have been ownered my CS members.

black is very,very rare the 1st time i saw one i had to look twice as i thought it was a 1.2 with badges (it was the real deal btw) after a closer inspection !

Im going to be selling the god damn lot soon. So fed up with it.

My new altenator that was fitted at a cost of £540 is not charging my battery. Car wont start without jumpleads and as soon as you touch any switches/lights etc it dies and the alarm/immobilser kicks in.

Its currently sat in the Greenflag compound on flatbed waiting to be dumped on the forecourt of my local renault franchise so they can fix it seeing as its under gaurentee.

Took the Magnex off as it was a bit too loud for my liking... plus it wakes my housemate up every morning ;)

Golf R/Leon FR

ah i see

hope everything gets sorted with it awesome car.

when you come to selling it you getting another clio?

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 26 July 2005

Im going to be selling the god damn lot soon. So fed up with it.

My new altenator that was fitted at a cost of £540 is not charging my battery. Car wont start without jumpleads and as soon as you touch any switches/lights etc it dies and the alarm/immobilser kicks in.

Its currently sat in the Greenflag compound on flatbed waiting to be dumped on the forecourt of my local renault franchise so they can fix it seeing as its under gaurentee.

Took the Magnex off as it was a bit too loud for my liking... plus it wakes my housemate up every morning ;)
540 for alternator - christ hope mine never goes! - sorry to hear youre suffering mate.

EVO VII

i have a titanium mk 1 172 and my brother has an iceburg mk 1 172 ;) its hard to tell the difference really.

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 26 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 25 July 2005

mines metallic black too! and as others will tell ya, black is the fastest colour:D
Somebody call me? :p
heh heh - its actually a pearl black - maybe consider changing youre name?

Mines a pearl black and is the first one Ive seen too! - its ironic - I really wanted a silver one ( the most popular ) and couldnt find the right one for love nor money!! Then along came the black one! - although rare I still want a silver one! Anyone fancy a swap?

Whats going on...

Where are all these black ones coming out the woodwork from? :eek:

Seen two others in the last year, one on the M4 who flashed and Lous at FCS.

406 passion wagon..

Quote: Originally posted by billy172 on 26 July 2005

mines odyssey blue,2001 y reg.:D

Exaclty the same as me... have only seen 3 in the year or so I have had mine. Is a nice colour, Blue with the light on it, purple out of the light..

common as muck titanium for me, flash wave at any colour RS in West London

no responce!!! All driving at 29 mph with blinkers on. Whare do all the friendly

RS Clios live?

Golf R/Leon FR

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 27 July 2005

peterborough/middlesborough ;)
got to agree with that dude!!!!!!!;)

although still cant spell middlesbrough right?!!!!! lol