ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 172 traction control?

I've barely ever had the traction control step in on my 182Cup. It's next to useless as a launching aid anyway, as it lets the fronts light up and then just kills the power. I find my car feels faster out of corners with the ESP off though, even when the ESP light wouldnt normally come on.

There are a lot of 182 owners who always have ESP switched off (myself included) but the traction control element from a standing start is a moot point, all it does is kill power if you're too stupid to lift when the front tyres are on fire.

Megane Mk4
Hmmmmmm ... that might be why my 182 feels slow .....

better start driving without then .. but the tractions good for wet conditions I must admit ;) lol

Audi TT 225
anyone get loads of torque steer from their mk1 172? Mine can get a bit lairy some times lol

193 mk2
ive got an early 172 mk2 & it also hasn't got traction control on it & i get a lot of torque steer but it makes it more fun!!!

wide said:
ive got an early 172 mk2 & it also hasn't got traction control on it & i get a lot of torque steer but it makes it more fun!!!

I get torque steer in my 182, with or without TC/ESP switched on. The TC doesnt do anything until the front tryres are already on fire, it has no effect before that point. The ESP is a bit of a grey area, it seems to be doing something even when the light isnt blinking (seems to reduce speed out of corners?)

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Confirm no TC on Mk1 172.
Torque steer ? Some yes, but not as much as my previous RSi 1.8.

Cheers, Rob669

ant car with any amount of power will give you torque stear, its when the wheels scrabble around for grip, esp on bumpy surfaces etc