ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio non starter, fuel related, help please!

my mark 1 clio won't start, unless i pour some fuel down the throttle bottle nd tap the accelerator like mad!!

it appears the problem is most definitely fuel related, but i am unsure as to what it is.

has anyone else had the same problem?

i'm thinking either te fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or maybe even a blocked fuel filter?

once the car eventually starts, it seems to run ok, its just on startup that it doesnt seem t be getting enough fuel!

thanks in advance

Fiesta ST
So getting it to start is the issue, but once running she's fine?

I'm not too sure. If it were the pump, surely it would die again if started? How's the whole ignition part of the system? i.e. sparks, leads, dizzy, battery?

brand new coil/leads/dizzy/rotor/plugs

as i said when i force uel into the engine it will start, it seems that getting the fuel there i the first place is the problem!

Clio 1.4 '95 RT
Could be a leak in the fuel line. This would mean that any standing fuel would leak overnight but when fuel is forced through after pouring some in then there was enough pressure to get a constanst flow. Not a common problem on clio's though
ALi

S2000
Try turning the ignition on/off several times before you try and start it, giving it a few seconds with the ignition on each time. If it then starts I would imagine it would support what the post above mine suggests.