ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Clio smoked headlights.... ? ? ?

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
Do anyone manufacture smoked headlights for the Mk1 Clio? I'm not particularly keen on the angel eye units but just after a factory looking smoked alternative???

lol, too true, sometimes i consider driving with full beam on all the time to make them as bright as normal dipped. personally i think the black angel eyes are pretty neat

Striped track ****
they do look good on some cars could get colour coded covers for the day 10 min job on and off look cool

tim124 said:
has anybody tried higher wattage bulbs ie. 80/100w ones?

does the wiring or lights melt?
It shouldn't do.

Note the word "shouldn't"... lol

I was running 100W bulbs in my old Renault 11 with no problems.

Currently I'm running PIAA Extreme White bulbs in my valver - rated at 60/55 watts so legal, but actually put out something like 100w.

Which I can believe as they're superb! :cool:

matbrown commented on them when he was doing some work on it, so I think he could notice the difference while not knowing I had them in :)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
what u want is a hid kit;)
DSCF1337.jpg

DSCF1670Medium.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
x5 9000k hid conversion kit, seems to have come down in price alot now 198.99 US dollars = 105.16 British pounds sterling thats inc del:eek: exchange rate must be good at the minute. one thing tho if i were to buy another kit i would go for the x5 bi-xenon kit as this also gives you xenon high beams which i think mine needs as when i go to high beam at the min it goes back to std which is sh*te in comparison.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
click on the link above and have a look at the lights, 1 of them has a little extra bulb on which is used for high beam, absolute s**t.

ph1 172
i saw some bi-xenon light on ebay that wer one bulb and they had a sleeve that moved over the bulb when you flicked between high and low beam... is this just some cheap ones?