ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Clio V6 230 Vs Mk2 Clio V6 255

I drive a mk2 V6 - never even been in a mk1 :eek: so I cannot compare.
I have done 42k in ours, since Feb 04, it has been serviced and cleaned, and nothing more. It has been on track - Bedford, Spa, Brands Hatch - it has had a new set of tyres (I obviously treat the tyres with respect !!!) and new brake pads. I drive mostly motorway miles, and it does an average of 25mpg.
test drove Evo 7 before buying it, liked it a lot, but not enough to sway us away from buying the V6 - wouldn't consider a Scooby personally, think they are not the best looking cars in the world - and getting worse on the whole imo.

think the comparisons have been made - somewhere among the bitching !!

drive both, consider the costs of both, see which one floats yer boat and buy it !!!

oh, and nice to welcome someone new to the forum, shame the response you got was basically "sod off and join the scooby or evo forum" - I apologise for such behaviours !! :eek:

E91 M Sport
A bit like dash mentioned, I found my mk1 felt slightly more planted on the front when the speeds got higher. This might have been one way they tamed the mk2 (less grip at the front means a more progressive breakaway at the limit). Above 110 the mk2 feels very floaty at the front.

SUBARU IMPREZA
Yes I was a bit "put off" shall we say regarding a few of the replies I got after my inital post. However I have changed my opinion since then after reading some of the replies. I thought these forums were for enthusiasts! I dont know at which point i said SHOULD i change my scoob for a V6??

Anyway I should clarify a few things here. Its not a subaru justy! lol its a mildly modded impreza wrx (bugeye!!! yes the ugly one) with full de-cat blah blah. Subaru servicing isn't so bad provided you dont go to a main dealer and fuel consumption is shocking. Defo a lot less than 20mpg.

An Evo in my opinion is not a drivers car and only draws attention from 15 year old girls and chavs. Subaru is the same. Evo has a fancy 4WD system that does everything for you. You point it at a corner and it goes round it. The subaru is much the same just not as good in the bends. However both are great cars to drive.

I have test driven a 230 v and loved it. Loved the noise and attention it got. Boy has that car got road presence. I cant test drive a 255 as there isn't one for sale for about 300 miles of here! A long way to go for a testdrive!

Iain

ant_v6 said:
It is not all about outright speed. If it was we'd all be driving Mitsubarus. Although it really does escape me why anyone would want to stick 400BHP in a front wheel drive car? You'd have to be an utter halfwit.

thing is, by the same logic you could quite easily argue the same about anyone buying a V6... I mean 255bhp, 1400+kgs in a SWB rear wheel drive shopper? Who in their right mind would pay £27k for something with very very ordinary performance, poor handling and an airfix bodykit? It looks fantastic to a lot of people though, so its horses for courses...

Ian, IMO if your going to get a RWD sports car that you wont be disapointed in go, for the S2000 or an M3.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hasn't anyone read the topic title?

I am fed up with reading a load of shite that is totally off topic. I couldn't give a f**k about an evo over a vee.... this ain't the topic to be discussing it. the Q is about mk1 vee vs mk2 vee...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=2846690&fSectionId=873&fSetId=381

QUOTE - Autocar Nov 2003

Drove the new Clio V6 today and have to say I'm a mite bit disappointed with what I got. Its acceleration wasn't as brutal as I had hoped, it understeered like a fallout shelter on wheels, and the hard plastic dash from the £7k supermini hardly justifies the £30k pricetag.
But stepping out of the car and allowing myself to absorb the sheer prominence of it's steroid-injected shoulders and beautiful multi-spoke alloys forced me to quickly change my mind. Only then did I realise the car's raison d'etre and it was all about attitude. Ask yourself why someone would buy a dog over a cat and you also have the reason behind the purchasing of this car. Not only does it reaffirm my adoration for the quirky sportscar niche, but it's also massively refreshing that some manufacturers will make a car just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
  E91 M Sport
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/roadtest/archive/?id=37454&x=177&y=4

The last line sums it up: "The Clio V6 has come good, and how."

car_portal_pic_10355.jpg

specialK said:
I drive a mk2 V6 - never even been in a mk1 :eek: so I cannot compare.
I have done 42k in ours, since Feb 04, it has been serviced and cleaned, and nothing more. It has been on track - Bedford, Spa, Brands Hatch - it has had a new set of tyres (I obviously treat the tyres with respect !!!) and new brake pads. I drive mostly motorway miles, and it does an average of 25mpg.
test drove Evo 7 before buying it, liked it a lot, but not enough to sway us away from buying the V6 - wouldn't consider a Scooby personally, think they are not the best looking cars in the world - and getting worse on the whole imo.

think the comparisons have been made - somewhere among the b*tching !!

drive both, consider the costs of both, see which one floats yer boat and buy it !!!

oh, and nice to welcome someone new to the forum, shame the response you got was basically "sod off and join the scooby or evo forum" - I apologise for such behaviours !! :eek:

and I forgot to say I love every minute of driving the Vee :D

Nissan 350Z
This forum really is lame at times. So many people just completely miss the point.

I've never, ever seen a forum that slags off the very car all its owners own as much as this one.

Street Triple R
That is an awesome pic there!

I have Clarksons top gear review of the 255....not sure how to host it though lol

seb182 said:
hasn't anyone read the topic title?

I am fed up with reading a load of sh*te that is totally off topic. I couldn't give a f**k about an evo over a vee.... this ain't the topic to be discussing it. the Q is about mk1 vee vs mk2 vee...

... so is an Evo better in your opinion then? ;) lol

V6 255 Illiad Blue
SimonV6 said:
I would never buy a jap car, I have never forgiven them for the way they treated my grandad in WWII....... :(

Simon ;)

Oh but it's ok to drive around in a [Renault-French/Nissan-Japanese] joint venture??????

Tarmac_Terroris said:
Oh but it's ok to drive around in a [Renault-French/Nissan-Japanese] joint venture??????

The japs (Nissan) use renault engines, not the other way I think you'll find ;)

but either way i was only joking.... ;) :)

Simon

V6 255 Illiad Blue
there was supposed to be a ;) at the end of my comment :)

Personally speaking on roads i have not encountered a MK1 to play with, i have however held off 997 C2, SLK 55 AMG, std Imprezzas, M3's......

Iain, If you like the 230 then i'd recommend the mk2 purely on the basis that it has xenon lights which are way better in the winter and the fact that it is a bit newer and is the last of the Vees so the residuals should be slightly better.

You'll need some spare pants in the boot for when it's raining though :)

Do it - you'll love it...