ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 engine squeak

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I have a MK1 1.4 RT Ph3. I started it and noticed a squeak/whine coming from under the bonnet? Is this normal?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
When I start it up, don't move or anything just sitting there. Seems to be the engine.

K20 eg 217 whp.
yer probably the aux belt, i have the same engine and a similar noise but it was the cambelt tensioners that were squeeking due to them sticking i think, dont know exactly as i had to get my garage to sort it but it was really loud squeek that would go if i reved the engine.

with it running pour some water ont he aux belts, by some water I mean not even a cupfull, not a fire hose.

idf the noise changes or goes away then its the aux belt or an iffy pulley on the aux belt drivetrain.

If that does nothing it may be the cambelt tenioner/water pump.
But it could even be from the clutch as you haven't said where under the bonnet.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
with it running pour some water ont he aux belts, by some water I mean not even a cupfull, not a fire hose.

idf the noise changes or goes away then its the aux belt or an iffy pulley on the aux belt drivetrain.

If that does nothing it may be the cambelt tenioner/water pump.
But it could even be from the clutch as you haven't said where under the bonnet.

To be honest i know nothing about it. It only makes the sound when not in gear.