ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Oil Change

any tips?? gunna do it myself and never done it before? what will i need? new filter, what oil?? thanks for your help

Williams 2
Go to your local motor factors etc.....
5 ltrs of oil - 10w 40?
Oil Filter - Fram maybe
Gloves
Something to catch the oil in - I use an old plastic bucket/container and something to put the old oil in to dispose of it.
Jack+axel stands
8mm square drain plug key
Thats about it!:D

MattyH16v said:
Go to your local motor factors etc.....
5 ltrs of oil - 10w 40?
Oil Filter - Fram maybe
Gloves
Something to catch the oil in - I use an old plastic bucket/container and something to put the old oil in to dispose of it.
Jack+axel stands
8mm square drain plug key
Thats about it!:D

very useful mate, thanks. where can i get one of them 8mm square drian plugs? n how much?? ;)

o and what oil would you reccomend?? castrol etc thanks..

Last edited:
byrnie said:
very useful mate, thanks. where can i get one of them 8mm square drian plugs? n how much?? ;)
Halfords sell them £2k or so.
Or if your cheap you can use a suitable sizes screwdriver or the square metal bit which joints the handles together so the open doors fits apparently.

Fiesta ST
Aye the sump plug (don't forget the new washer) cans be bought from Renault for like £2. Halfords didn't sell it for my car when I asked. Halfords do sell the 6ltr oil containers for the old oil, think they are around £4 - £6.

Halfords also sell the Champion Filters, or their own brand, again which cost £5 - £7.

Oil wise, you would do very well to go here, www.opieoils.co.uk and buy from these guys. Use the online form and they will recommend a decent fully synthetic oil. Top of the list are Silkolene and Motul. :)

Remeber before you drain the oil to have warmed the car up slightly so that it runs out nice and quick.

Cheers.

Just a tip they are two sump plug under the car (one for the gearbox oil and one for the engine oil) make sure you don't get them mixed up! Could be disastrous!