ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 RSI EBAY BUILD

clio mk1 RSI
HAD THE CAR FOR 2 WEEKS AND HAVE ALL THE BITS BOUGHT STILL WAITING ON A FEW THINGS TO ARRIVE, ONLY THING THATS FITTED IS THE EXHAUST HERE GOES
MK1 RSI Project ALL PARTS SOURCED FROM EBAY AND BOUGHT IN 9 DAYS
All prices include delivery

CAR + 1 year M.O.T + Belt & tensioner done,all brake lines done
new disy,coil and ht leads (original condition)
109,000 service history to 74,000 4 owners £400
PARTS ; ENGINE

used R5 GT Turbo fan + new blade £12.99
new aux drive belt £ 7.00
BOSCH super 4 silver tipped plugs £14.76
K&N panel filter £37.89
Scorpion de-cat box £15.00
FUll Stainless cat back system £65.00
new radiator (genuine Renault BNIB £50.00
new coolant bottle BNIB £14.50
elf competiton oil £29.00
liquimoly engine flush £ 6.53
" " engine anti friction treatment £ 8.99
" " Coolant flush £ 6.40
Genuine Reno valve and injector cleaner £ 2.48
2 power flex back box mounts bnib £ 3.98

TOTAL £224.53
SUSPENSION

Full SPAX VSX 30mm lowering kit BNIB £150.00
rear strut brace £ 23.00
front strut brace £ 9.20
eibach camber bolts £ 20.49
Genuine Reno BNIB Steering coloumn £ 53.00
powerflex droplinks £ 24.44
megane coupe front factory strut brace + covers £ 19.14

TOTAL £299.27

BRAKES
FRONT EVO SPORT DRILLED & GROOVED DISCS £ 19.98
front brembo RS pads £ 24.44
Rear renault discs with bearings BNIB £ 37.00
Rear renault pads £ 19.70
goodridge front hoses FREE
PUG 205 GTI rear calipers 8 months old FREE
silkoline dot 4 fluid £ 5.63
TOTAL £106.75
BODYWORK
mk1 pH2 RSI spoiler £10.00
ESQUISS front splitter (k-tec on EBAY) £44.99
black factory non reno hex mesh FREE
renault sport side moulding badge £ 6.95
renault dci side moulding badge £ 8.70
rear lexus lights £ 9.99
RGM front grille £ 4.99
PUG 206 aerial base £ 8.90
stubby OEM aerial mast £ 6.95
DECALS INCL. cliosport.net £18.28
AUTOGLYM clay kit £21.19
cosworth RS rear letters £ 6.75
Clear side repeaters with red inserts £19.49
AERO FLAT wipers £ 6.48
TOTAL £173.76
WHEELS
SPEEDLINE factory wheels painted white
race tech red anodised valves and caps £ 9.98
red anodised wheel nut covers £16.49
speedline valve cap dome badges £ 1.98

TOTAL £28.45
PAINT & CONSUMABLES FOR COLOUR CODING + WHEELS TOTAL £109.00
INTERIOR

RICHBROOK gearknob BNIB £ 3.98
alloy door pins BNIB £ 1.78
white dial kit £ 8.98
clio rs200 rear headrests £13.99
OZ racing custom lighter £ 7.98
TOTAL £36.71

OVERALL TOTAL £1378.47 :Dme :mad:mrs
ONLY BITS I WANT NOW ARE 16V REAR SPLITTER & STEERING WHEEL

clio mk1 RSI
had a 172 before this is just a toy getting a new car in september so this is going to be a track car , Im thinking 2 litre turbo , I just wanted to see if i could do it getting alll the bits from Ebay just need to fit it all now :(

clio mk1 RSI
got some angel eyes 45 quid refurbing the wheels just now got the side strips and spoiler fitted yesterday, gonna make a new slide show on photo bucket late. links to follow

Black Clio GT
each to there own n all that but sorry mate this is gonna end up looking like you have driven through halfords at 60mph...
do you have a clear direction of what you wanna do with it? as you seem to have spent alot of coin on alot of different parts of the car, i find it much easyer to start with mechanicals then exterior then interior then u dont waste as much money on gear knobs ect and buy decent stuff that WILL make the car better..... all imo :)

clio mk1 RSI
well mechanically its sound Im a mechanic LOL
I know exactly where Im going and the car wont look like anything from halfords only thing ive changed on the exterior is the spoile , front spitter that looks OEM and the lights but they will have colour coded inards so blend in quite nicely .
most of the stuff i have bought was mechanical then suspension then brakes .
modified all 6 of my cars and never had anyone say they look s**t.
I'll be happy to here your opion when its finished though infact we will do a poll on whos car looks best yours or mine ?

clio mk1 RSI
it will be braced against the inner arches, but its still a strut brace, unless you wana call it a rear inner arch mounted horizontal tensioning bar ,
Na me neither.

clio
how does it help the handling?

Genuinely interested btw never heard of having this setup in a torsion beam arrangement.

clio mk1 RSI
dont know yet havent fitted it, I have to make the brackets but I imagine more 3 wheel action, It will just tighten things up at the rear

ITB'd MK1
no, it wont ;) honestly, put the money towards other bits.

Love RSI's, this is mine

222129_10150158251121531_501491530_7232855_1431101_n.jpg

13.jpg

clio mk1 RSI
nice car mate, just sold my F1's gutted now as was gonna fit them to my RSI but stuck with the speedline's.
Thanks for advice on the rear brace fitting it anyway as its a look thing to.

clio mk1 RSI
OK been a while so put some pics up got loads more will put them on 2moro.(photo link at bottom)
need opinions on the rear lights as thinking of doing it to the front angel eyes.
got a matching fog its fitted but looks strange as the old one is so faded.
done all the fluids.
only got the suspension and brakes to fit.
the front splitter is half painted was a perfect fit just a light sand at the corners to smooth the mould marks.
TO ANYONE THINKING OF DOING A CHEAP MK1 BUILT DONT JUST BUY A 172 ITS FAR EASIER AND CHEAPER. this is up 1510 bucks now
http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/kevrsi/

clio mk1 RSI
added some more pics of the front lights and fogs.
flat wipers
stubby oem aerial
the scuttle panel needs attention dont know whether to colour code it or back to black

phase 2 five turbo
i gotta rsi to the old 1.8 8v :) good car.moved out with my girlfriend but needed a cheep toy ! this was just the thing i needed :)it ows me £1250 quid thats buying the car and modifiying it. im the 3rd owner and its on 61,000mile :)SDC12277.jpgSDC12269.jpgSDC12270.jpg

phase 2 five turbo
thats fair enough :) cheers tho.cheap fun with a great engine! im pleased with the car. hope yours is fun mate. it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it :) and its probably one of the slowest cars i have owned! but its so much fun!keep going with your rsi i might nick some ideas off it :rasp:

clio mk1 RSI
http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/kevrsi/
added more pics .
fitted the front splitter and all the decals , not sure about the 8v inside one.
still dont know whether to paint the inards of the front lights the same as the back?????????
colour coded the boot strip
done the badges with the anodised spray but not sure if i like them yet . Think of white or back to chrome or colour coded , to many options.
Gonna fit the suspension at the week end (spax vsx 30mm kit)
tyres have been ordered went for falken sports all round 185/55/14
all colour code the calipers and fit the hew brakes when im doing the suspension. So busy weekend for me , doing the calipers gloss burgandy its close to naples red.
Am looking an F4R engine got untill september before i get the new car so want one prepped and ready to drop in.

PH1 iceburg
If any of you mk1 boys know of anyone who wants a brand new set of shorter rear shocks when you are lowering drop me a PM

ITB'd MK1