ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 RSi help please....

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
Hey, been waiting a while now to get my hands on my little RSi due to money/getting my own house etc but it's all good to go now, just waiting on the private reg to be removed and it's mine so....looking for some opinions please!!

I've got a set of morettes, a 16v bonnet and 16v front wings for the car but i'm in two minds wether to put them on it or not, will it look weird with wide front wings and standard rear??? :S Should i just put the bonnet and lights on, or not bother with any of it?

Heres the car as it stands...

RSi.jpg

Also got a set of 16" o.z. F1 cups to go on :rasp: and for winter i'v got 15" mk2 dynamique alloys which im considerin getting done anthracite, and for an exhaust i was lookin into gettin a custom made one to look like the 182 cup that comes out centre of the bumper or just a plain 3" inward rolled, all opinions very welcome and helpful!

e92 330i
Looks very tidy that, think the OZ F1's will good great also! I'd fit the 16v bonnet but leave everything else imo. then just give it a great ol' clean, service, lower and enjoy!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
16v bonnet won't fit those lights, bear that in mind.

(Looks nice btw!)

BG 182
looks a clean little motor mate id get some turbines like ive got on ma track car just coz there uber cool lol:cool:
valverfront.jpg

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
cheers everyone, ye 16v would need to hav the morettes on it lol jst dnt kno if theyd suit...btw turbines are the sex but none for sale nearby :(

Renault Clio 1.6 CUP
hello. i have fitted a 16v front end on a normal 3dr clio, and this is how it looks:

foto329.jpg

dsc00148.jpg

Abbout the bonnet. It will fit if you change the lights to ph1/2.

But i'd do something like this:
img6746edit.jpg

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
ooo, this is lookin promisin! Danny is tht f1 cups on urs cause thts wat iv got to go on n they look v.nice, and valver/ph3 front combo is very different but works so well, would never hav thot of that! All real nice cars btw

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
wow danny thats pretty impressive man!!! Mines has had a full engine rebuilt with new pistons, piston rings and a lot more lol but i'm lookin into getting more power & speed from it, any recomendations? So far i'm considering a piperx viper air intake, full s/s exhaust with decat and mybe a manifold, strip the interior and some decent tyres, already got the tyres though (toyo proxes on the f1's) and the decat

ITB'd MK1
not a lot you can do with the 8v that's cost effective really. You could likely get it to around 150bhp with a lot of time effort and money, but an engine change will give you a better base for upgrading. I do really like the F3P though, so dont discard it off-hand, just dont throw mod money at it.

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
Is F3P the engine code for the 8v then, i like the engine as well and as a bonus it's quite a rare sight round ma bit, only ever saw 1 other rsi!

Got a wee test fit of the winter wheels as well so got a few pics, i like them but as usual opinions would be valuable to me cheers

26112010042.jpg

26112010045.jpg

26112010046.jpg

26112010047.jpg

26112010044.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mk1 Ph3's... love em! Here's my old £600 track toy:

100_4429.jpg

Started out life as a 1.2 D7F Biaritz beastie but ended up F7R'd with Valver running gear on Turrini's... of course the 1.2 badges remained but it was fun.

Also had it on Ph2 19 16v rims at one point which I thought looked smart - These can be had for £50 a set now:

IMG_3487.jpg

Megane r26
Mk1 Ph3's... love em! Here's my old £600 track toy:

100_4429.jpg

Started out life as a 1.2 D7F Biaritz beastie but ended up F7R'd with Valver running gear on Turrini's... of course the 1.2 badges remained but it was fun.

Also had it on Ph2 19 16v rims at one point which I thought looked smart - These can be had for £50 a set now:

IMG_3487.jpg

looks dead smart that

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
those 2nd wheels do look v.smart man, they of a renault 19 then?

they also came on ph2 valvers but think valver ones have darker centre caps.

i would put a valver bonnet on and get it adapted to suit the ph3 lights, keep the ph3 bumper and fit valver wing. should look good and different.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I really liked the Mk1 Ph3 and always thought it was a shame Renault never made it in to 16v form but the MkII wasn't far off by that point. I was tempted to do a 16v front end myself but fought off the urge and i'm glad I did because no-one expected it to be as nimble as it was... The only thing I really regret not doing to that car was a Williams wide track conversion.

Just don't brace your RSi if its got a sunroof - I did front and rear to that and bent the roof in all four corners!

Damn it... now you've made me want to build another one :evil:

Last edited:
  clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
ye it's got the sunroof, what do you mean brace though :S, btw heard a few ppl mention a williams wide track conversion but not exactly sure what it is, can som one shed some light on the matter for me?