ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Window jamming

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
We're jamming, It's jamming, and I hope you jamming too.... sorry

Anyway, my window's not all that awesome at the mo. It'll wind down a couple of inches, then gets stuck. It makes a kind of metally noise, so I'm don't want to try forcing it and scratch the glass.

I'm guessing it comes off guide runners? Or is it more likely something's broken? Oh yeah, and how exactly do I take the door plastics off to have a look? It's too late to go to the library to look at the haynes (again)... I should really buy one of those.

Thanks.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
mine makes a wierd sound went it goes back up, or when its down and i close the door i can hear it rattle around. think we all need a hand.

1996 Valver
The prob for all of you guys is likely to be the glass runner clip.
Can be brought from our friends Renault for about a quid.
They come with a silly little rivet type thing.

You will probably find if your clip is broken, once the window is about half way down, you can actually move the window from right-left, pull it out of the guide runner and the clip is exposed.
Fit a new one, push window back into guide runner, and your away!

Please be carfull though, as when I fitted mine a few weeks ago I smashed the window:eek: £45 for a new one fitted.