ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 cambelt

Insignia SRi
Iv just been going through the cars service history and getting the bits out to tax the car this week and noticed the guy who I bought the car off has had the 60k service but no cambelt change, bearing in mind its now on 70k I need to get the cambelt done asap.

Any recomendations and prices il be looking at of places in kent or near????

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
wow yeah get it done asap!
Must be waaaayyy overdue.

Are RenTech or K-tec near?

Insignia SRi
Rentech isnt too far away, Ktec is about 150 miles away from me!!!

I know the bloke said it had all been done with the 60k service, I got loads of service history with it so assumed he was telling the truth!!! (teaches me for not checking) lying b*****d!!!

Im guessing its going to be £300-£400

ITB'd 182...
GDI are in Cheltnam now

Rentech and K-Tec are down south and aint sure whos up north?

RS 172
Get it done ASAP!
mine had 70k on the clock and it was really bad.... very close to going.
Got mine done @ Rentech

Prices are all shown in the traders section.

They are very good....

You could support the engine with a jack and remove the suspended engine mounting. You can then see the inlet cam pulley and belt going around it.

They don't always show any signs before failure...

53 Clio's & counting
not really mate, just had mine done too, really not worth taking the chance, mine hadn't done the mileage, but had done 5 years and mine showed signs of wear, just get it changed seriously fella