ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio 172 - air conditioning removal

Renault clio 172
Hello, I am wanting to remove the air conditioning unit from my 2002 clio 172 and I'm getting confused, do I need a air con delete kit??

182 trackcar, XC60t6
Depends why you want to remove it. The cheapest method is to remove everything but leave the pump in place. If you want to save more weight then gut all the internals from this as well so it’s just a shell with pulley. To remove the pump entirely then yes you need a kit to enable a shorter belt etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renault clio 172
Ahh right yeah it's weight saving, trying to turn my car in to tack and road legal, been told to remove the air con will save Wight and gain hp however looking very expensive with this delete kit I need, looking to do this part cheap as I can really for just removing air con and spending money on the good stuff ha.

bigfella2

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Clio 182
I'm selling the bits for the WRC delete. Fitted, started car on drive run upto temp then removed. Virtually new.

Hi all, my aircon has been removed on my 172. Quick question, even though the aircon pump doesn't exist anymore, will the car run differently when the A/C button is pressed? i.e does the ecu knock back the timing or make it run richer etc?