ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 clio leaking into footwells

Clio dCi Expression
Hi all,

I have a mk2 51 plate Clio dCi Expression 65 (migrated to here from cliodci.net) and after some mega rainy days this last week have gone to my car finding an inch or so of water in both the driver and passenger footwells. I had the sunroof done a few years ago and it started dripping again a bit recently but nowhere near enough to fill the footwells.
I had my windscreen replaced in April and I did consider it was something to do with the work they did. Having poured water all over the windscreen it seems to be dribbling down visibly from the back of the driver's footwell behind the centre console. I'll probably need to remove the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen and the wipers but considered it could have been something resulting from the work of the windscreen replacement (they've denied this) or something that just happened to have occurred since.

Can anyone suggest anything at all please?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There's 3 drain bungs in the scuttle under the wipers. Check these first as they're probably full of gunk and the water is running through the heater assembly as it has no where else to go

Clio dCi Expression
There's 3 drain bungs in the scuttle under the wipers. Check these first as they're probably full of gunk and the water is running through the heater assembly as it has no where else to go
Excellent, cheers. I'll check that out.