ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Clio owners

Whenever i flick the electric window switches whilst my lights are on they flicker, does this happen to you?

Recently my ciggy lighter has stopped powering my sat nav and my main bulbs have gone a few times..

Cheers,

-Rob

172, Tiguan

the lights have dimmed when you flick the drivers side electric window on all three of the mk2 clios ive had.

rob - i used to suffer the same problem, and you know what im like for niggly problems, its just a natural thing, basically all that is happening is the windows are tking electricity from the power being used by the lights, nothing major

when i rev mine and let go of the accelerator pedal, the light dim for a second while the revs drop below idle speed. not sure if it supposed to do that.

my lights are the same with the electric windows, blipping the accelerator and also turning the blowers up full.. the lights will dim...

just sucking power from the battery, the batteries arent fantastic, and neither are the alternators at low revs... somethin youll have to live with, or get a better battery with a higher Amp and CCR Rating, and a better alternator...

Nissan R35 GT-R

Try flicking the switches whilst at around 2000 rpm. My lights dim at idle when I flick both switches, but if you give it some more revs (which lets the alternator generate more juice) they dont dim at all.

it wont dim at anything above the normal idle as the alternator will be producing enough to power it without a drain on the battery, when at idle, the alternator produces quite a bit below the required amount, hence a drain on the battery occurs, hence getting a better battery and higher powered alternator ( from an A/C Model or similar ) if you find it that unbearable, i just bought an ammeter instead for the moment to keep an eye on it so i dont knacker my battery until i can afford to get a deep cycle one......

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If i switch on my rear demister, switch on my stereo and turn the volume up to 25, put my full beam and fogs lights on (front and back), wiggle the steering wheel with one hand and press the electric windows for passenger and driver side with the other while tooting the horn with my head and stamping on the brakes with my foot... my lights dim a bit ? is my car broken ?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Your question should have been how could I see my lights dimming when I was hitting my head on the horn ? ;)

To answer your question though, no mine doesnt do it.. maybe worth checking your battery out.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 10 December 2003

If i switch on my rear demister, switch on my stereo and turn the volume up to 25, put my full beam and fogs lights on (front and back), wiggle the steering wheel with one hand and press the electric windows for passenger and driver side with the other while tooting the horn with my head and stamping on the brakes with my foot... my lights dim a bit ? is my car broken ?
LOL :D:D:D