ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 clio

mk2 clio
Hello everyone my clio has done 142k miles, i was just wondering how high they can get. I know it’s probably a silly question and comes down to how well you look after it etc but i was wondering if it’s worth me buying a new clio or sticking with my current one

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
What engine is it? My 182 is on 138k or so now and still going very strong on the original engine and gearbox, both have never been rebuilt. Anyone would tell you it's an unreliable old shitbox, but mine's been great in my ownership.
The main factor I would say is how has it been maintained? Mine has been very well serviced and looked after over its life, even if due to the age of most mk2's now they need some of the non-service items replacing which is what I've been doing with mine really.

@Coops Mk1 has a 182 on proper moon miles, 230k or something I think.

mk2 clio
it’s a 1.2 16v it doesn’t get serviced every year but it’s mainly down to the fact i didn’t want to spend out on a service for the car when i first got it because i was young and didn’t have that much money. Even now that i’ve had the car for 3 years i haven’t thought about giving it a service but maybe i should. The car has had 2 previous lady owners, it still drives like a dream, i was just curious to how high the clios can run. The 182’s are beautiful by the way they are going up in price aswell!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely get it serviced, depends how many miles you do for how often though really. Rust will probably kill a lot of these cars so you could go on a mission and treat/prevent the more prevelant areas if you're in it for the long haul, but I'm not sure it's worth the time on a 1.2. That's no disrespect btw, I had a 1.2 16v as my first car and I loved it.
Give the car a bit of love with a service, small price to pay for 3 years motoring IMO.

mk2 clio
Definitely get it serviced, depends how many miles you do for how often though really. Rust will probably kill a lot of these cars so you could go on a mission and treat/prevent the more prevelant areas if you're in it for the long haul, but I'm not sure it's worth the time on a 1.2. That's no disrespect btw, I had a 1.2 16v as my first car and I loved it.
Give the car a bit of love with a service, small price to pay for 3 years motoring IMO
Give the car a bit of love with a service, small price to pay for 3 years motoring IMO.
Yeah i think i will get it serviced. The plan when i originally got the car was for it just to be a run around for a few years until i got a new car but it turns out i’m now hooked on the clio haha. I do look after the car but a service would do it good as you said. I’ll probably end up keeping it until it dies on me, the 1.2 is a fun little car but the clio sports are calling my name!! Thanks for your advice btw i appreciate your time :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah all about servicing really, my 182 has had oil and filter every 6k miles since new along with all other servicing as and when. Also same as above, engine and gearbox never been rebuilt or opened.

PXL_20220406_064841210.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
There is an old couple that visit someone in my street occasionally. They have a red Mk2 1.2...possibly an Extreme model...but I'm not sure. Anyway, at last MOT in November it was recored as having done 256K.

I know nothing of it's history. It could well be a 'Trigger's Broom' of a car.

IMG_3977.jpeg