ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 PH1 Grande to 172 PH1

Red 172 PH1 1.2
These last 2 weeks my car has had a drastic facelift! :) im so impressed with the results and it can only get better.
Its not completely finished but its a good 75% of the way there.
What i've done to it:

replaced: (because I had a small bump)
grill
bonnet

bought:
new wings
colour coded the door mouldings
lowered with FK springs
front 172 ph1 bumper
rear 172 ph2 bumper
alloys
sport wings
sport spoiler

So here is Uggy, 2 weeks ago:

Hes had these for a few months wheel trims, lexus tail lights. i had a small budget and wanted to make him my own, little things made him stand out.

NuneatonandBedworth-20120405-01037.jpg

Havent got a front picture because i shunted someone last xmas and was ashamed of my damaged grill and slightly buckled bonnet :(

Anyway i got all the dents and scratches filled and repainted most of him.

03052012208.jpg

You can kind of see the buckled bonnet in this picture.

04052012213.jpg

Painted! :)

Rugby-20120515-01160.jpg

I can not believe the difference at all. i feel like im driving a new car! i put the ph2 bumper on because i prefer it, and the alloys help make my car one of a kind ;)

Rugby-20120515-01159.jpg

The window wipers havent been screwed back on yet thats why they look dodgy! im really happy with the outcome of Uggy so far.
got a few bits and bobs to do yet but after a few more weeks it will be complete.

things on my shopping list at the moment:
ph2 rear lights
new fog lights & wiring loom
172 side skirts
dual optic headlights
some tints on the the rear, not too dark though, just abit more than a standard tint.

Any suggestions for more modifications are much appreciated after all the sport spoiler wouldnt be on it without you guys, i completely forgot about it and its really helped improve the look of the car. This car wont be everyones cup of tea but it is mine.

Astra gsi turbo
you have done a good job. not sure about the wheels and the wing mirrors look horendus but the rest is sweet

53 Clio's & counting
Will look good once you have added the above touches mate but id not go much further, you will be able to buy a proper one cheaper

Red 172 PH1 1.2
Will look good once you have added the above touches mate but id not go much further, you will be able to buy a proper one cheaper

in total i've probably own spent around £450 on it. Uggys been built by ebay :) and the body work i had done pretty much for free.

182, SQ7, Trafic
I've got some ph1 lights which would look good as would all be red.

Car does look nice, what splitter is on that front bumper with the little slits in?

Red 172 PH1 1.2
I've got some ph1 lights which would look good as would all be red.

Car does look nice, what splitter is on that front bumper with the little slits in?

I'm interested, for the right price, pm me.
with regards to the splitter on the front bumper, i havent a clue. When i bought it off ebay it came with it on, im sure someone on here must know which one it is though.

Grande 1.2
mate it actually looks cool as f**k i think!! i would have thought most people would dislike those rear lights - but actually they look kinda cool with the all red car. also good work with the 172 build + painting :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
splitter is cool! set of dual optics, clear side repeaters and do something with your 16v badges, possibly silver or colourcode, colourcode the fog light surrounds. Ph1 rear lights wud suit that better i recon being all red.

most importantly they wing mirrors need to go in the bin!

mk 2 clio
how did you go about coloour coding the trim, wanna do that on mine as i stil got the black plastic trim, my car is the same red im guesing. wannna make it looka bit nicer. thought about the 172 bumper too.

Ph1 track 172
wheels could look really cool with some stance work! (ie bit lower, poked out the arches slightly with a little stretch on the tyres!)

wing mirrors need to go,
and dual optics give the game away that its a nonsport! ;)

other than that i think it looks really cool! front splitter actually works i think!

Red 172 PH1 1.2
how did you go about coloour coding the trim, wanna do that on mine as i stil got the black plastic trim, my car is the same red im guesing. wannna make it looka bit nicer. thought about the 172 bumper too.

I bought some black painted ones off ebay, the original plastics harder to paint cos your gotta sand it down etc. yeah its the same red our cars were the same. I was lucky cos i got mine sprayed proffessionally for free, i'd get it done professionally so you dont end up with a different shade of red.

Red 172 PH1 1.2
wheels could look really cool with some stance work! (ie bit lower, poked out the arches slightly with a little stretch on the tyres!)

wing mirrors need to go,
and dual optics give the game away that its a nonsport! ;)

other than that i think it looks really cool! front splitter actually works i think!

my wing mirrors makes my car stand out from the rest and not look the same and boring.. until someone knocks them off they're staying lol. only bad thing about them is i cant fold them in and i cant see very well at all, i miss the size of the original ones.

2 months later and I havent managed to find a decent set of dual optics people want ridiculous prices for them when there 2nd hand 99% of the time, my cars mostly done but its still got a way to go. I cant make the car any lower cos its sooooo annoying driving over speed bumps at no more than 15mph so i dont rip my front splitter off, i've already caught it a few times :(