ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 ph1 small project (getting bigger)

Renault Clio II phase 1
Ok, I'll just sum up the story so far.

This car runs in our family since new, in 1999. I got it from my dad in 2007, with 62.000kms on it.
Today it's still strong at its 123.000, still looking good.

This is -almost- it's very first shape, when I laid my hands on it

DSC00941.jpg

MATRIX 15'' wheels (lol), no other external mods. The wheels did look a bit good, and they were heavy as hell, good thing when you're driving in Greece.

DSC00896-1.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

In the workshop, fitting SCHRICK 244 cams the throttle body from the 172, Bilstein+Eibach suspension, Supersprint exhaust manifold and Americat 300dpi catalytic converter.

No mods to the head, so far. I'm up to fitting ITB's when I have the money and time to do so...

0017.jpg

0016.jpg

before/after dyno. Two different dynos. Although the increase in horsepower seems not much, on the road it was like unleashing hell.

0234.jpg

Fitting the new, full 54mm exhaust, with twin mufflers

0231.jpg

0230.jpg

A small "undercover" add-on, along with new K1 TS wheels

0297.jpg

0295.jpg

0290.jpg

0289.jpg

Later on, it was time for the big interior change, so I replaced my old one with the full 172 interior

0528.jpg

0527.jpg

0529.jpg

0534.jpg

0530.jpg

some photos from my first track day (yea, I got a LOT of little thingies hanging from my dashboard/central mirror)

a116.jpg

a153.jpg

a121.jpg

a39.jpg

My Toyos after the TD

0560.jpg

It's already starting to look like a 172... So why not put the rear axle as well? :cool:

0541.jpg

0547.jpg

I think it looks better with no decals on

0533.jpg

0532.jpg

0545.jpg

When a good friend of mine proposed that I change my K1 with 2118's, I JUST COULDNT SAY NO.

0559.jpg

0561.jpg

0592-1.jpg

Little sticker added on the co-drivers side

0602.jpg

Aaaaand that's how it looks today

0598.jpg

0600.jpg

0597.jpg

p.s one bad moment that fortunately did not cost me much. Though I'd really want to kick the living s**t out of the guy that did it...

0638.jpg

Scheduled stuff to do:

Full 172 bodykit, because the condition that the bodywork is atm is not the best, after 12 years of constant use.
Add pearl effect to the color
Carbon hood (it might look a bit "ricy", but I like it with the anthracite wheels)
Pimp the engine a bit more with ITB's
Coilovers
A better-looking single tip exhaust (and a LOUD one) :quiet:

Last edited:
  mk2 ph1 1.4 S
Just colour code the bumpers etc, wpuldnt bother with the kit IMO

Just get some decent coilovers like kw v1s or similar :)

Renault Clio II phase 1
Any ideas about how I can "refill" my rear bumper's cut I've made to fit the exhaust? Most of the ppl I asked told me that it can't be done.

Also, in another project I saw some fella painting the side black plastic panels with a spray. I thought it can only be done after thorough rubbing with sandpaper and also thorough varnishing with some kind of varnish that will close the pores of the panel. Is it possible to just spray it 2 or 3 hands with the desired colour?

ph1 mk2
get hold of a donor bumper, cut a section out to fit, plastic weld in, skim of filler, off to the bodyshop for paint, job done

172 ph1
Nice job so far, Jonar :)

Is it mapped or not?
You should re-map it sometime later, cause from the 2.5 till 4k rpms engine looks kind of powerless now.

Renault Clio II phase 1
It is mapped, though I sincerely believe that there has not been much work into it. I have it on my mind to make a dyno session for it in the -not so- distant future.

Renault Clio II phase 1
Bad, bad moment, the driveshaft said goodbye the hard way...

0966.jpg

0965.jpg

And some updates on the exhaust... :coffee:

0952.jpg

0953.jpg

0955.jpg

0954.jpg

And a couple of vids to see how it sounds and goes (yes I missed 2nd gear BY FAR :drunk:)

Last edited by a moderator: