ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 Ph2 Head Lights not working (UCH Relay)

I'm pretty sure its the internal relay inside the UCH stopping the side lights dipped lights and interior lights working

what's the easiest way to sort this

regards, rob

Da

Less
The headlight relays plug into the UCH up under the glove box.

Have you checked it's not the stalk switch faulty, or something similar?

The headlight relays plug into the UCH up under the glove box.

Have you checked it's not the stalk switch faulty, or something similar?

Headlights have a little black relay and also controlled by the UCH.

Tried every thing narrowed it down to.
the internal 'relay' in side the UCH.

If it's inside mthe UCH, then surely it's new UCH time?

Since writing this thread I've been able to wire in a bypass so the headlights don't go though the UCH not sure if its going to course any problems yet.

Customer didn't want to pay us to changed the UCH (£180 supplied and fitted 2nd hand unit with full ecu set)

Golf GTD Mk7
did you sort this Rob? One of the 6 relays would be the best bet. Have you tried moving them around? You must get official renault ones as the ECU reads the exact load on the wires through the relays as a sort of secondary mechanism, so you can't bipass it IIRC.

I've bypassed the UCH with three wires from the stalk (side,dipped,flash lights)

I changed the relays so they are triggered by a +12v and not the normal -ground from uch

All works fine

Golf GTD Mk7
fare enough. Might be just the immobiliser/relay system that does this. Strange the UCH relays didn't solve the issue though.