ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph2 non RS itbs

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
have anyone tried to fit the non rs k4m 1.4 engine with itbs ?

what did you do with the idler pulley that is right on the manifold ?

im trying to put a zx6r bodies on it but i have a hard time removing the lower manifold the idler pulley is on the way and i dont want to take the car apart ( its a daily )

the itbs will be run by a speeduino piggyback on the stock ecu

p2CQd7s.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That flange doesn't look thick enough for welding? Are you in England? weather looks too nice!

Im sure you've thought this already, but why don't you just stick the 2.0 in it? You'll end up with more power/torque for less money....

To get any decent results out of ITB's you'll need some happy cams (are they available for the 1.4?) and would probably want to match inlet ports to your manifold which is basically head off. At the point you may as well have build up the 2.0 with or with out throttle bodies...

Cool project through! I know I;ve seen at least one project online with ITB's on a 1.4.

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
The flange is 5mm stainless I don't have an AC welder to make it from aluminium but it turned out good,

Unfortunately I am at Greece so the 2.0 is rare as hell and on top of that the car is not mine it's owned by the company I work and it has the issue with the stock fly by wire and even with new wires straight to the ecu is not fixed so we come up with this idea since I had the throttle bodies laying around

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds fun, good luck with the project. I think 5mm might warp a quite a lot when you fully weld it.

I know someone has done something similar with the 1.4 engine but I can't remember the engine code. If I come across it I will post the link here.

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
well i found some time to inveset and cobbled a speeduino from spares i had
i cant see it running as a standalone tho... but if you wire it parallel with the stock ecu to keep everything else other than the motor it works
here is a video of it running, laptop is out of battery so not tuned since it started with a tune i made on the office guessing stuff and it started raining so i droped it for today

for now the speeduino is controlling the fueling only since i have to get the timing trigger angle offset to get the spark on the speedy too but at least it worked so project is a go :p

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
still playing with the clio and the speedy

and i still control just the fueling no spark to lazy to get it wiredup lol

launch control

flat shift

Reactions: Gus
  Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
yeah i know speedy can do both spark and fuel cut
all tho its a stock 1.4 motor wont benefit from nothing other that the dbw throttle problem that is gone now that its converted to cable

when i find the time and will to mark the crank pulley at TDC to get the trigger angle i will get the speedy to control the spark too and then it will be nicer for sure

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
well... its been two years almost but today i found the time and courage to run the itbs

still un tuned i just swapped the tune from Speed Density to Alpha N its close but needs some love and i didnt had my wideband with me
the intake has some pinholes that needs welding and its leaking from somewhere but im too tired to check got a small test ride and im gonna mess with it tomorrow

for parts laying around it sounds awesome its throttle response seems to be really nice with those bodies
273125030_4524633740975232_4266415495622392618_n.jpg