ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

M

mini-valver

Too many WIP threads on here, I'm jealous....
A few of you know my car has been at Angelworks for a while now but it's nearing completion so I thought I'd share sopme sneaky shots of the plenum set-up that's going on. This is a complete one-off and has been designed and made by Ben and his contacts.

K4M....
Inlet and injector set-up
GetAttachment7.jpg

Another veiw

GetAttachment6.jpg

Now, this is how it would have look had we had enough room ro use the Formula Renault plenum but the thermo housing is in the way so Ben's making an alloy one to get around it.
GetAttachment12.jpg

Spec when finished-
Custon inlet/plenum set-up
AWT headwork
Cat Cams
A/C removed
Prospeed cat-back with Superspring de-cat

Depending on how that runs I'll go aftermarket management with a bottom end build to run higher the RPM i need to make more power.
I could have gone 172 conversion but where's the fun in that?

I'll keep this updated as and when the car is back and I can fit the mountains of stuff I've got in my room!

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
Re: Finally, a little update!

wow, didn't realise you were doin this kind of stuff.
looks awesome!!

this is one ill be highly interested in with me questioning whether to have this sorta stuff done

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Cant wait to see this finished and rolling dude !!!

M

mini-valver

I'm hopin for 100 bhp per litre. Stripped out with buckets I'm looking for 160 per tonne.....More with a stronger bottom end.

Full fat 172's eat my K4M fumes ;)

cup 182 mit stripes

I'm a bit confused as to why you'd be doing this to a 1600 cc Clio, mini-valver. Would you not have been better getting a 172 and taking it to Andy for some off the shelf cams and bodies?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

The world would be a boring place if we all drove Clios with white wheels ;)

looks great, what kind of filter set up you going to use?
how much did the inlet cost if you dont mind me asking?
still very interested in the k4m engine over a f4r, what kind of performance numbers you hoping for?

M

mini-valver

Basically the F4R has been done to death and theres no real 'package' as such for the K4M. The S1600's make 220bhp on a single TB so I thought I'd have a bash at making one for the road. I'm doing breathing first then I'll see where I go from there after its been mapped and run abit.

No idea's on costs yet but I will be putting up prices as this is something Ben will be offering once we know it makes decent power, is driveable and mostly reliable.

Aye Turner, cheers for your contributions, lol!

titanic killer

Is your car lighter standard than the likes of the 172/182s then pal

TeZ

Non RS : (

Nice Dave,

1.416v conversion's ?

will be kool to be differnt..

Chocolate Bar™

^ engines lighter which is where half of the benefit is! Nice to see it actually coming together, will have to give us a buzz when shes complete

M

mini-valver

^Rararara ;)
Aye, had a few ballaches along the way but so far so good....

The Dynamiques are lighter standard yeah, not a great deal in it though TBH. I'll have no AC or ionerior either so that's 60 odd KG's too.....

titanic killer

Thats still a very very good start mate 60kgs is like chucking a passenger out of the car!!

Drool.

Looks like quality work which you would expect from AWT. The timescales have taken the piss but if you get 160bhp out of it I think it is worth the wait.

I love s**t like this and going the F4R route is a no brainer if you just want the power figures but to get something like this done is obviously more interesting and exciting.

Fair play for getting it done I will look forward to seeing the power curve.

M

mini-valver

I imagine it will be very linear then stupidly steep from 5ish onwards because of the short inlet tract.

That's exactly the reason I'd rather do this than go F4R..... Building it is half the fun!

2016 Audi RS3

Nice velocity stacks mate. Are they off the shelf or custom machined?

Evo 6, E92 320d

Forgive my slowness but is it a 1.6? I've thought about tuning my 1.6 rsi down the line, possibly along the lines of supercharging. Apart from this what could i do to mine?

172 & RSi

Very interested in this thread, can't wait to see it done and what power its making. Also want to know the costs too. Keep us updated

Mazda MX5 1.8

Forgive my slowness but is it a 1.6? I've thought about tuning my 1.6 rsi down the line, possibly along the lines of supercharging. Apart from this what could i do to mine?

yeah the K4M is a 1.6 16v.

seems to have taken an eternity.......
will be interesting to see a RR graph if it ever gets finished

M

mini-valver

;) Alternator brackets then build it up and get it mapped.....

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

awesome mate cant wait to see this running as you know i had looked into the k4m route for a couple of months with my 1.2 16v when i blew it up, due to lack of time though i stuck another 1.2 in it, got shot of it and bought a 172 but wish i had still done it sometimes! as theres not much you can do with a 172 thats not already been done engine wise!

Excellent news Dave, glad it's finally under way fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
  VaVa

lol... and they take it on the road and get pumped by a 172. lol

10/10 for effort mind and for doinmg something new.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

doubt it'll get pumped by a 172 when its got 160bhp and weighs about a ton! not going to be much faster but deffo quick through the gears when the revs get up!

M

mini-valver

Excellent news Dave, glad it's finally under way fella.

Just another 6 months to go? ;)

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? :eek:

Laingo, If it makes 100bhp per tonne it should be more than a match for a FF 172......
I'll update it in a bit with some more pics.

Cheers for the comments!

M

mini-valver

Heres some shots of the headwork. The mouldings show the before and after flow work, Ben will explain more on this as it baffles me!

The head is basically re-designed from standard and looks s**t hot!

Before mould-
portmould.jpg

After mould, then the tract it will take from the inlet manifold-
portmould1.jpg

portmould4.jpg

A few shots of the 3 angle seats and work to the bowl-

ports1.jpg

port5.jpg

port4.jpg

Hats off to Ben!

Chocolate Bar™

still wont come close to beating the sub ;)

work looks spot on, but its not as if theyve been rushing themselves lol