ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 V6 as an everyday car

The car would be in private residents parking, so not on the street but not garaged. Its tucked away so I would feel safe leaving it there, during the day in a work car park where I can just look out the window to check on it.

Im assuming that a mk2 v6 model would come with a warranty which would cover me for a clutch but not consumables like pads,discs, bulbs,tyres etc ??? This should offset the risk of huge bills appearing out of nowhere, shouldnt it?

I would also plan on getting rid of it b4 MOT time comes around.....

S2000

Yes the warranty is the same as any other new car. Covered for any parts and labour to replace said parts as long as its not just wear and tear like pads tyres etc as you say.

P

peterh2

I had to make the same decision as you a few months ago. I really really wanted a v6 but unfortunately it just wasn’t going to leave me as much “spare” cash each month as I wanted. Went for the 182 in the end and am delighted with it, but still wish I was making enough to afford the vee. Guess I will just have to see what 2005 brings!

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by bluerickshaw on 03 January 2005

Im assuming that a mk2 v6 model would come with a warranty which would cover me for a clutch but not consumables like pads,discs, bulbs,tyres etc ??? This should offset the risk of huge bills appearing out of nowhere, shouldnt it?
Clutch wont be covered, theyll claim youve been doing doughnuts in the local McDs! But its unlikely to be a problem within the first 3 years.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Sod practicality ... Im a father of 3 and expect to order myself a new V6 this coming week :eek: Of course I had to add the cost of a new 7 seater Citroen C8 for my wife to make this happen ;)

I dont do many miles - about 20 a week day - plus the odd local trip at the weekends so not to bothered about the petrol cost increase. Very rare for me to go any where in my 172 with more than one of my boys. Have just purchased a new light weight buggy which will fit on the shelf behind the front seats of the V6 for the occasions where somebody goes in the V6 with the baby - Mk2 have all the correct child friendly airbag switches and ISOFIX points. Sorted :D

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 03 January 2005

Clutch wont be covered, theyll claim youve been doing doughnuts in the local McDs! But its unlikely to be a problem within the first 3 years.

think simonv6 got his replaced under warrenty after 7500 miles ;) im sure hell correct me if im wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 03 January 2005

think simonv6 got his replaced under warrenty after 7500 miles ;) im sure hell correct me if im wrong.

You speak the truth....lol;)

7500 miles new clutch, warranty job becasue lets face it, clutches are meant to last longer than that?

Simon.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 03 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 03 January 2005

You speak the truth....lol;)

7500 miles new clutch, warranty job becasue lets face it, clutches are meant to last longer than that?

Simon.
Lucky chap, I would expect mine to last longer than 24k miles, but unfortunately Renault probably dont...doh.

Mate i think if you really want a v but the money is a problem, why not go for a mk1?

Then you will have some money left for a everyday car.

Embarrassed to say

Or new clutch in 2000 miles on an evo, not covered by warranty even if faulty.

Its such a hard decision. At the twenty grand mark the only 2 new cars id be choosing between would be the s2000 european parallel new at £22500 or a prereg v6 for £21495 from buymycar.com. Second hand would be an evo 8 mr fq340/320, now the evo 9 is out in japan with about 340bhp as standard 8mr-fq prices are going to drop like lead.

From reading through this topic Id say youd be better off with the 182 - but Im no analyst, just me observations that might be totally off the mark! I think as others have already said, the V6 is a car you must want, no matter the cost. I think that if you have to think about the cost of ownership of a V6, then youre probably going to struggle - or at least grudge - paying the running costs, etc.

I personally could afford a V6: the heart says YES! but I couldnt face the running costs (tyres... :eek:). Plus, I constantly worry about where to park my £12k Clio - I cant imagine what Id be like with a £25k V6...

IMO, the V6 is a car that Id only buy for fun and not to use as an everyday car. Id have to run another car for everyday use - probably a dCi - and keep the V6 for funtime! Hope this help!

* This is all my own opinion, so dont get upset if you dont agree!

3.0ltr V6

Well im 28 and a girl, lol, and have a V6. I would just go for it, you will NOT regret it!!! I insure with Elelephant and it costs me £900 a year. Who really cares about the fuel consumption. If you are considering one of these cars, then I dont think you should even think about the fuel. I drive my car every day, about 100 miles a week and it uses a full tank but who cares. Do it, you know you want to...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Have you just set your heart on Renault mate?

Id like a 350z with a nismo package personally.

bluerickshaw - bought it or not yet?!?!? I think they are girls cars personally ;) - at least mine is!!! (although hubby will argue with that statement!!) but I do get to drive it more than he does!