ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 V6 bargain

Just had a text message and I quote

"I have to inform you that the car was involved in an accident sunday night and has nsf and suspension damage. Ill let you know the extent"

The observant amongst you will notice the auction started on Monday the 27th so either he lkisted it after the accident or he dont want to sell it to me at that price...

What do ya think?

Another text and he now says "the accident happened at 02:30 this morning" mmmm that would be sunday morning then not sunday night....

Its all too much of a coincedence for my liking...

It might also explain why he didnt bother to post his own pics of the car and use renault website ones....

Your right hes dodgy....

I am gutted though.................

total bollox mate, report him to ebay as someone who refused to sell

If he wants to clear his name then all he needs to do is prove the car is damaged by sending a picture to ebay.

I very much doubt hell crash his car just to prove a point!

offer to come round and look.... even if yiou live miles away...call his bluff...

get someone else to email him offering £23k see what he says...

[Edited by gunnergibson on 02 January 2005 at 11:16am]

If somethings far too good to be true.... it VERY often IS! I think they say?

Sorry to hear your gutted mate, we all know eBay can be dodgy tho.

:confused:

Tell him that you will come round and then get someone on the forum to if its miles away..............someone is bound to live in the area eh :cool:

Cya Stu

If anyone would like his mobile number and pose as another buyer I can PM it to you. Please no nasty messages though just enquire o:n the car....as much as id love everyone to bombard him with hate messages :)

The guys lives in Waltham Abbey, thats as much of an address I have for him. That and his mobile number....

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 02 January 2005

personally i dont think id ever use ebay to buy a car, or anything of any real cost.

Yeah same here, far to much of a risk I reckon? unless that just me being "Old Fashioned".....lol

Simon

Embarrassed to say

Still a car broker will give you a brand new UK dealer car for £23,000. £17500 for a year old 10k miler from a suspect source is probably whats its worth.

Embarrassed to say

The last car auction i won on ebay i did a HPI check on and it had outstanding finance on and the seller said it was clear of finance. The seller then had the finance paid off and offered it back to me, i rejected the offer and he reported me to ebay.

ive found a Nov 03 mars red v6 at a renault dealership for 19,600.

9000 on the clock. Not a bad price and the security from buying from a reputable source.

Mark 1 Clio V6

The mk2 is dropping greatly in price and will continue to do so.

There are more and more coming up for sale as well. There were over 20 just before Xmas.

If you can wait a couple of months until the new registration comes out Id think you could expect to save another couple of thousand.

a lot of what I saw for sale b4 xmas were Mk1s but you are right there are more 03/04 Mk2 models oming onto the marlet. People dont seem to keep them for very long, maybe the novelty wears off quickly..

Mark 1 Clio V6

Certainly seems that more mk2 owners are losing interest quickly and selling after just about a year so bargains will be had.

Do you know you can get a pre-registered brand new UK car for £21,499?

That is an on the road price and includes full Renault 3 year warranty.

See http://www.buymynewcar.co.ukwww.buymynewcar.co.uk .

Mark 1 Clio V6

Depreciations a b**ch!

I think the fact that you can get a pre-reg for £21,499 must be causing the V6 price to plummet.

[Edited by CraigV6 on 03 January 2005 at 10:01am]