ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK3 audio recommendations

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey folks.

So, Clio Mk3 Dynamique.

Been a while since I did any audio upgrades to a car.

Headunit to start of course.
I assume an ISO adapter is needed? Is there anything for the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket stereo?

Also, has anyone mounted their Ipod in their car? I.e. Glovebox.

Any advice appreciated. :)

2007 clio dynamique
A new headunit should just plug in mate , no adaptors needed but remember you will loose the top display , how come your wanting a new headunit ?

Mini Cooper S
I had a Pioneer head unit in mine. Plugs straight in, you'll need an adaptor for the steering controls - I didn't bother. There's a route where you can put an ipod cable from the rear of the head unit into the glovebox.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
A new headunit should just plug in mate , no adaptors needed but remember you will loose the top display , how come your wanting a new headunit ?

I was under the impression it wasn't a great standard HU.

Is there a way of charging and playing my ipod thru the standard HU? I guess something like a Connects2.

Listerine & Poledo
I'd imagine you'll need some sort of adaptors, especially if you've got remote controls you want to keep active.

Then ,when it comes to speakers, either the kevlar-coned Pioneed custom-fit components or Hertz Dieci up front.

Big mid-basses in the back, amplified

2007 clio dynamique
You can use the standard headunit and add an aux in but that wont give control through the stereo you would have to change it on the ipod itself but depending which model headunit you have it can be as simple as using a cable that cost about 6 quid of ebay , ive done it this way on my mk3 and added an amp and a sub to handle the bass and for me its fine plus i get to keep the steering wheel controls and top display without expensive adaptors

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
Ahhh, ok.
In my Vectra now I have a kenwood headunit which I'll probably sell.
I've just plugged my ipod thru the AUX connection, and likewise charged it thru the fag lighter.

Just wondered if anyone had any different setups. :)

2007 clio dynamique
I didnt realise they sold these , looks good i may look into getting one definately better than using the standard aux in !