ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 audio upgrade advice

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey guys,

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the audio setup in the Mk3.
It's bog standard at present (headunit and front speakers only), with the addition of a Renault iPod kit. 5 door model too.

So I gather there are no rear speakers at all. I'm not looking to blow the bank, and I would like to keep the boot space, so is there anything in the way of underseat subs and amps?

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Are you sure it only has the front door speakers? Every 5 door Clio 3 i have been in has had speakers in the rear doors and tweeters on the dash. What model is it?

As for making it louder and generally better. If it has 4 speakers get a 4 channel amp and hide it. Wire it into some decent 100w rms speakers (replace the ones in the doors) and you should have all the sound you need.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup, definitely only fronts. I guess mine is poverty spec? No auto lights or wipers, front E/W only (Only driver's side with one-touch operation).

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
Strange, anyway you could still wire 2 extra speakers into somewhere from a 4 channel amp. Put tham on the pacel shelf maybe.