ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 clio 1.2 16v - whoosing noise

Mk 3 Renault clio 1.
I am wondering if someone can help me, my son has a 2012 1.2 16v clio and we have noticed a whoosing noise when we turn the engine off and when the bonnet is up. Its not noticeable when you are inside or outside the car when the engine is turned off. However, it is very noticeable when you have the bonnet up then turn the engine off. Its a very distinctive sound like there is pressure releasing from somewhere on the left of the engine as you look at it . The engine runs fine without any other knocks or whines and it could be normal for the car. We only noticed it when checking his oil and water levels but as I am unfamiliar with these engines I thought I would ask the experts

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Mine does that too. I’ve no idea why, was made much louder when I fitted a cone filter. Mick at Diamond said he was scratching his head at it too. 🤣 It’s done it for years, my 12 plate is on 159,000 miles now so I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Mk 3 Renault clio 1.
I have been advised its the purge valve, which is normal . I will disconnect it tomorrow and confirm thats definitely the noise