ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 indicator problems

Clio mk3
As I unlocked my clio mk3 yesterday morning the rear right indicator didn't flash like normal. Thought it was the bulb but then when I locked the car it flashed like normal. Also when I use the right indicator it flashes a lot faster than normal.
Anyone know what the problem could be? Was thinking maybe a dodgy fuse?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Same happening on mine. I've done some reading and apparently it is often the earth point near the boot. Also check for corrosion in the number plate lights

Clio mk3
Same happening on mine. I've done some reading and apparently it is often the earth point near the boot. Also check for corrosion in the number plate lights

Have you sorted yours mate? My front headlight bulb has gone to but not sure if that's a coincident or not. And my number plate light has been flicking the past few months haven't really bothered me

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Yeh, I have the flicking number plate lights, put it down to cheap LEDs from ebay as when I change the bulb it's okay for a bit, may be more to it though if you are having the same problem, still got no left indicator, I'm going to take it in to renault as its under warranty, I'll let you know what they find

Clio mk3
Yeh, I have the flicking number plate lights, put it down to cheap LEDs from ebay as when I change the bulb it's okay for a bit, may be more to it though if you are having the same problem, still got no left indicator, I'm going to take it in to renault as its under warranty, I'll let you know what they find

Okay cheers,got new bulb coming so see if it is just a faulty bulb[emoji106]

Clio mk3
@Dom_capper All sorted,changed the bulb no luck. Changed the headlight bulb that works because it was blown and with the indicator it was a dodgy connection. What I did for the indicator was turn them on and move the wires about and they're working fine now[emoji106]

Clio mk3

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Cheers mate, i'll give that a try, it's still going into renault for other things so i might just leave it to them haha