ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk3 lowered 45mm Woohoo!

I'm happy with it, alot better imo, doesn't feel much different but handles a bit better. 45mm H&R Springs.

For before pics just search my posts... Big improvement.:D

Still considering new wheels. Anyone think they look any better now?

36281148hw8.jpg

50821410xc0.jpg

38136501jp5.jpg

20066558bm6.jpg

32767048xd6.jpg

74242574rm0.jpg

49261468xi8.jpg

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
should've gone -60mm imo

looks much better though, wheels suit it better too now its lowered

yeah still defo want new wheels though, something with a thicker tyre and multispokes... any ideas?

they were the 15" crap ones, the ones that look like little star fish...

I also think they suit big chunky wheels, just had a change of taste, i've maybe matured a bit since joining here lolol

It doesnt look it's best because the wheels are terrible, I don't know what I was thinking, anyone recommend any? multispokes preferrably, reasonably well priced? I'm also going to get thicker tyres to fill it a bit more.

Static Low
They wheels dont look too bad on it to be honest.
In the first pic they look good.

Still get new ones.
They look slightly cheap

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I think standard wheels look far lot better than what u changed them with!

Stick to these for the time being imo.

As said by Christopher, its a nice drop, very subtle, but yet effective.

I think standard wheels look far lot better than what u changed them with!

Stick to these for the time being imo.

As said by Christopher, its a nice drop, very subtle, but yet effective.

Yeah i'm starting to think 16"s with a thick tyre are better than 17"s with a low profile...

I don't really like these one's though, pretty small alloys and sort of look like little starfish, if it were the canasta's id keep them, but i'm going to get a set of OZ superturismo, just having a think about which size to go for... what u think? 17"s with a thickish tyre?

If i got 17"'s what would be the thickest tire i could get that wouldnt rub but would fill the arches better...

i dont really understand tyre sizes etc i know the R17 is obviously the alloy size but what is the 215/45 part? The tyres I had originally as you see on those crap 17"s in the first pics are 205/40/R17, and i think they're too thin... I just checked, the RS ones are 215/45/R17 would that even be much of a difference?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
215/45 R17

215 - The tyre's width in millimetres

45 - The aspect ratio in % (sidewall height divided by tyre width)

R means Radial - It's the construction of the tyre.

17 - The rim diameter.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Turinis look good on K-Tecs 197 - maybe worth a look?

Or Superleggeras - they're a nice wheel.

I think i'm going for the Superturismos, just not sure weather i should go 17, or 16 with a thicker tyre.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
^^

Agreed. Chuck those old wheels on eBay though - you'll make a good few quid for them :)

Dan

White Sti Hatch
Its your own personal preff mate really up to you id say sitck with the 16s and low pros

Clio MK3
Really nice drop, very impressed, i've got the same clio and im looking at dropping mine aswell, would be able to tell me where you got springs from or if you've used a full coil-over kit etc etc