ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 non sport lowering/performance springs - help me decide!

Hi all,

I will be looking to swap out the stock springs with some performance springs on my non sport Mk3 1.2 TCE 100, options are either the Eibach Pro or the H&Rs.

The Eibach springs drop the car by 30mm:

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...ro-kit-springs-renault-clio-mk3-1-2-1-2t.html

The H&Rs drop the car by 45mm:

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...io-mk3-h-r-sport-springs-incl-gt-08-2005.html

I am still deciding which ones to go with, my car is the Dynamique SX so I have the side skirts etc so I am guessing the H&Rs might drop the car too much in terms of clearance? I have heard that the Eibach have the better day to day ride quality with the H&Rs geared more towards handling, although I think both are progressively wound.

My car is a daily driver so I don't want a harsh ride, but looking to sharpen up the handling etc - will be looking to also run a Whiteline rear ARB and front strut brace at some point as well.

Just wondering if anyone had tried out both or been in cars with both sorts of springs attached - basically not sure if I should go with the more aggressive H&Rs or the slightly milder Eibachs.

Thanks in advance!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If you are keeping the same shocks i would be more likely to recommend the Eibach ones.

If you are keeping the same shocks i would be more likely to recommend the Eibach ones.

Yeah, planning to run with stock shocks which is why I am looking at probably going with the Eibachs, unless there are any other springs people usually run? Are you able to get shorter shocks for the non sport to easily run the H&Rs?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I would imagine you would be able to get shorter shocks yes, if you went onto Demon Tweeks for example and put your car in and go to suspension it would show you what would fit.