ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk4 RS owners - help me!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I need someone (or some peeps) with a Ph1 Mk4 RS to just go through what happens at the differing phases of when you turn your lights on as I'm having a weird DRL issue and I need to know what is supposed to happen at what point!

You have Auto, headlights, sidelights and '0' which I assume is off?

At what point do your DRL's function? For some reason on mine at '0' only the drivers one works, and I don't think they're ever not dim i.e not at full brightness - I also don't think they work at any time when the main lights aren't working....

There are apparent 3 people in the entire world own these so trying to get a decent answer has been difficult!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mines a phase 2 so can't be specific help, but, surely the whole point of DRLs is they should be on at all times the engine is running. Then when your headlights are on, they dim down slightly?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Mines a ph1.
0 - headlights off DRLs on and bright.
1 - DRLs dim for sidelights
2 - dipped headlights and dimmed DRLs

does this help?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yes massively as for some reason I only have one working on zero and I can't figure out why!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Oh. Weird. They both work with headlights?

I wonder... could there be 2 lots of LED’s? I’ve never had one off to look.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm gonna chuck the connectors in the bin and start again - the lights loom is brand new and the engine bay loom look pretty shagged so I'll start from there!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah, I always go for early cars it seems, best vfm for me