ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK5 Clio

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Wife picked this up yesterday, really impressed with it, interior is a massive step up from the previous mk4 she had and the 1.5 DCi drives brilliant so far doing 60mpg, compared to the 34mpg of the old 0.9 TCE which was the worst engine I've ever experienced !
IMG_20210116_143432_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210116_143440_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210116_143448_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210116_143536_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210116_144739_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210116_143511_hdr.jpg
IMG_20210116_143517_hdr.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Looks much nicer than the mk4.

Any mk2 Clio switchgear still in use on the inside?
I told my Mrs how disappointed I was after a thorough search that there is none, they have even replaced the radio control stalk behind the wheel with a new one, i preferred the old one that's been used for 20yrs lol. the only part I could find that's carried over from the mk4 was the flap that covers the 12v socket!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Had a nose around the one Stevie had from Renault, Cabin quality feels massively better than any of the old cars, definitely has a more premium feel to it

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Actually looks like a nice little car, they’ve clearly up their game in build quality and premium look & feel.

Is Inferno Orange? Or a new school colour that’s just similar?

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I have been driving a RS Line since November 2019 with the 1.3 TCe auto.

Big step up from the MK4 and easily achieve 50mpg.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks lovely, wouldn't mind one of those on the drive, stunning colour!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
we were exactly the same that's why we tried one over the equivalent diesel as there was quite a jump in cost between the 2! Do you find it horribly un refined to drive too?

i find it refined enough. Change at 2k revs and literally plod along. But at 70 when its hitting 3k revs it does feel like its out of its comfort zone completely.

RENAULT CLIO RS LINE
Hi 172 and all i have the Clio RS LINE EDC 130 which blips the throttle in sport mode changing down which sounds good and although on paper it is not the renault sport but it feels very quick to me and more than enough to get you in trouble and like said build quality is top notch mine is in iron blue i like the orange though.