ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mloweing my mk1 tomorrow!

j plate 91 449 valver,
hi. i am planning to lower my mk1 front and back tomorrow. i have some -35mm gmax front springs. also equiped with a haynes manual and cliosport. i have got a brilliant torsion bar lowering guide from here already, can anyone point me in the direction of one for the front?? anyone got some last minute hints or tips for me? also plan on changing the 'top bearing' on my suspension at the same time. that is providing that i can get them from gsf in the morning.

I think it might be worth me changing the bushes at the same time as i am getting slight knocking over bumpy ground atm. is that an easy enough task?

Harvy

P.S. keeping it on standard shocks for the time being.

edit. am going to soak various bits in wd40 now!

Last edited:
Personaly stick with new stock bushes or what you have now forget the uprated stuff which is sold as its rubish.

The fronts are easy the Haynes tells you want to do or else have a look in the members guide as the 172 etc are all the same front end wise.

j plate 91 449 valver,
what tools do i need to change the bushes? i backed out as i was told i needed to compress it in?? is there a guide on here that will explain it?