ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mobiles Phone Upgradings

Not a 320d
What should I go and get?

Contract - 18 month.

Just had a HTC desire HD.

Would rather steer clear from apples. Quite fancy a fail berry again..... old torch model?

Not a 320d
I have a nokia 3310 gunna see if i can get that thing booted up again after not using it for 8 years. Literally been flat all this time.

Hopefully sim card will work.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got the new Blackberry Bold with the touch screen. It really is the best Blackberry I've had (and I've had a lot). Can type so fast on them and the email and message integration blackberries have is what always makes me get another.

Well worth the money imo.

LOL, the battery will probably still last longer than a fully charged modern smart phone ;)

This is to true.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've got the new Blackberry Bold with the touch screen. It really is the best Blackberry I've had (and I've had a lot). Can type so fast on them and the email and message integration blackberries have is what always makes me get another.

Well worth the money imo.

This is to true.

What are the battery's like on those Blackberrys? As good as the non touchscreens?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
What are the battery's like on those Blackberrys? As good as the non touchscreens?

I use my phone quite a lot through out the day and I always have google latitude running and it gives me about 36 hours.

Not the best but I charge it every night so that's perfect for me.

Not a 320d
Thats cos you have a crap contract then?

No, Im saying I need a contract as it'll cost me the equivalent on PAYG.

<3

Im going Nokia Lumina 900.

I hear theres a new one out very soon though. So bad timing n s**t.

3310 booted up first time last night. 8 years left to die, and its taken about 15 mins to get some juice into the battery. Hero phone.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah get a contract without a phone, then buy t he phone, it's cheapest way of doing it.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
No, Im saying I need a contract as it'll cost me the equivalent on PAYG.

<3

Im going Nokia Lumina 900.

I hear theres a new one out very soon though. So bad timing n s**t.

3310 booted up first time last night. 8 years left to die, and its taken about 15 mins to get some juice into the battery. Hero phone.

I have the HTC 7 running windows. Its a brilliant phone if you can live with touch screen.

Xbox Live gaming is epic. The phone works really nice and the apps are good.
I would definitely wait for windows 8 though. It comes out so soon.

Just role with the 3310 for a month or two. :D

Check your actual usage. See what mins/text/date you actually use and see from there. Some of the GifGaf plans etc are really good and will work out a fair bit cheaper.

Carphone Warehouse are doing a good deal on an S3 at the minute - £26 a month, free phone, 750mb net, unlimited texts and 300 minutes on T-Mob.

If you want to go Android either go for the S3 or One X
iPhone wait till September.

Wouldn't go back to Blackberry afte rhaving an Android - you'll feel gimped.

DO NOT get a windows phone 7. Wait for the new Windows handsets that will be on the market very soon.

The current batch of windows phones can not be upgraded to Windows phone 8.

Not a 320d
Yer its decent.

2 day battery life im getting at the moment.

I needed a phone. Im sure 3 months down the line a new mobile will also be out sporting windows 9. The 900 is pretty basic in its own right, really not after anything more than this phone has to offer.

Good bettery, straight forward OS - Nice not to have s**tty weather apps or "widgets" all over the joint.

Sends texts, email and phones people. Even has a camera. Job done.