ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modded Xbox 360

Audi S1
Ok i no im going to get sooooo much stick from these but i can take it, all im after is some facts tbh.

My xbox 360 was modded for around 10 months but i have just been banned from xbox live. "HaHa".

Basically my gaming tag isnt blocked as i put in my bro xbox which isnt modded and it worked fine conected to xbox live. If i was to buy a New Xbox 360 (not modded) and carrid on playing my backed up games:eek: on my modded console but then put it in my new console so play online...purly to keep the gaming score and to save cost in buying a new preimum/elite model.

I surpose the easier option would be buy a new console new gaming tag and not play modded games...

Advice reguarding this would be nice... to some it up if i was to put a Hd in a new console which has previously been used for a modded console will the new console get banned:rolleyes:

Audi S1
yer they have banned the xbox via mac address, but i wanna buy a new xbox and just put my HD into it...bearing in mind this will still be in use of the modded xbox

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
if they do it by mac address perhaps you could sell on your old box as spare parts? well the dvd drive anyway

Audi S1
you won't be able to swap the hard disk over as this is banned too mate!!

Nah it isnt... i put the HD into another xbox and it alowed me to sign into xbox live fine... i Just dont want to buy a new xbox move the HD onto it and that gets banned to?

185lb/ft dCi
they won't ban the mac address as such, on the old xbox they had a chip which was on the motherboard called the EEPROM which stored unique information about your xbox. This is what they banned, each EEPROM had a different number.

185lb/ft dCi
I haven't been on the modding scene for a long time now so I can't say. I'm not actually sure how the MS bans the 360 I was just saying how they did it with the old xbox. The eeprom could either be overwritten with special software or actually desolded from the motherboard and a new one solded in.

have you looked on www.xbox-scene.com that place was the bomb for xbox modding when I was into it

Audi S1
hmmm looks complicated... all i wanna do is have my modded xbox and then a core system tranfster the HD without getting the non modded one banned from live

185lb/ft dCi
sounds simple enough whats the beef? doubt they would ban anything on the HD, youve modded it with the DVD firmware correct? you should be fine

Clio 172 Mk2
mate seriously to un-ban a banned console is a complete nightmare, me and my mate tried one after the last wave of bannings. Its complicated as hell and you need another working 360 to use as a donor and an infectus programmer

Audi S3 225
ur hdd should be fine to use, just buy a new xbox and keep ur banned one for playing offline games.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nah it isnt... i put the HD into another xbox and it alowed me to sign into xbox live fine... i Just dont want to buy a new xbox move the HD onto it and that gets banned to?

You could do that. (Play pirate games on the modded console offline and use the same gamertag online on a clean console with a real game).

Don't think you'll have a problem.
As mentioned, they only ban the console so it makes you buy a new one = more money for them.
The next ban hammer may well be in the next dashboard update on Wednesday.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Just keep the modded console for offline play of your modded games and the ones you like enough to want to play online, buy and play on the untouched console.

If you use stealth media/firmware you should have been ok.. although come the dash update MS will probably have put in new methods of detection.

Audi S1
woow... i wasnt expecting answers like this i was expecting Haha serves you right!... but cheers this info helps... Im going to buy an elite and buy games like Cod5 and gears and other games i no i will play online, and keep the modded one for offline games... I just hope where i will be using same HD/Gaming tag they cant block my "new" xbox... tbh i no it a long shot but an annoymous call to xbox asking advice? ohviously not providing any details of gaming tag and stuff coz that would be stupid.

Just something like... "I went on holiday and lent my HD to a friend so he could play online/get my gaming score up... when i came back he told me that he had his xbox modded and his been banned, i didnt no he had this done otherwise i wouldnt of alowed him to use my HD, my main concerns are if i put my HD back into my None modded console... Will i get band due to his been playing illegal games and theres saved data on my HD?"

worth a pop? or plain stupid... they probably will just laugh while rubbing there hands together lol

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
woow... i wasnt expecting answers like this i was expecting Haha serves you right!... but cheers this info helps... Im going to buy an elite and buy games like Cod5 and gears and other games i no i will play online, and keep the modded one for offline games... I just hope where i will be using same HD/Gaming tag they cant block my "new" xbox... tbh i no it a long shot but an annoymous call to xbox asking advice? ohviously not providing any details of gaming tag and stuff coz that would be stupid.

Just something like... "I went on holiday and lent my HD to a friend so he could play online/get my gaming score up... when i came back he told me that he had his xbox modded and his been banned, i didnt no he had this done otherwise i wouldnt of alowed him to use my HD, my main concerns are if i put my HD back into my None modded console... Will i get band due to his been playing illegal games and theres saved data on my HD?"

worth a pop? or plain stupid... they probably will just laugh while rubbing there hands together lol

Okay,

You can swap your hard drive between modded and unmodded console without any known risk as its the consoles ID that is banned, hence you can still use your gamertag

Just don't do anything else stupid like use downloaded game saves to unlock achievments etc.

Audi S1
Okay,

You can swap your hard drive between modded and unmodded console without any known risk as its the consoles ID that is banned, hence you can still use your gamertag

Just don't do anything else stupid like use downloaded game saves to unlock achievments etc.

what do u mean?

I will still be using my xbox hd on my modded xbox but i ohviously want to keep my gaming tag. (bear in mind) i will still be getting acheivements "offline" on the modded xbox... once i connect it to my new xbox do u reckon xbox live will be like BANNED!

Im gonna give em i call i think, ohviously not tell the whole truth but if u see my other post im will say that. i did send them an email but they didnt answer just call our helpline etc... i wont give them no details i just want answers lol

mk1 172
If your getting achievements on games that haven't yet been officially released my understanding is that they are time and date stamped, therefore - BAN

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
NOT if you are not connected to live when you get them

Exactly, if you unlock acheivements for games not released yet then this would have to be on your modded banned console, which cannot go online anyway so it wont matter as your gamertag will never be updated from the banned console.

Audi S1
Exactly, if you unlock acheivements for games not released yet then this would have to be on your modded banned console, which cannot go online anyway so it wont matter as your gamertag will never be updated from the banned console.

lol this is gettin confusing...

I will be playing games (which are copies) on my modded console my gaming score will still go up!... so when i plug it into a new xbox it syncs with xbox live (view acheivements on xbox.com)... the saves acheivement are all on the HD untill it is connect to xbox live to sync. Can xbox trace that the games are not legit and ban the new xbox... thats my concern

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol this is gettin confusing...

I will be playing games (which are copies) on my modded console my gaming score will still go up!... so when i plug it into a new xbox it syncs with xbox live (view acheivements on xbox.com)... the saves acheivement are all on the HD untill it is connect to xbox live to sync. Can xbox trace that the games are not legit and ban the new xbox... thats my concern

No.