ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modding Dilemma - Opinions Welcome.......

OK, as some of you may know I am going to be heading off to Australia next year for a few months as the missus and I are looking to emmigrate out there by 2006 so we want to go and have a scouting mission to see if we like it out there.

I have a MKII 172 which I am very happy with but it is more or less standard and there are a few things I would like to do to it.......... chip, exhaust, filter, etc.

If we do go then the money I lose on mods will not be much of an issue as I have made a lot of money on my house and with selling it to move out of the country I will be stable because of the UK housing market boom.

My dilemma is, with us wanting to leave the UK within the next 18 months, is there any point in me doing anything to the car now knowing that I am going to sell it before we go ?

Thanks for any comments.

Dai

LOL ! All good suggestions ! I like the last 2 !

Keep them coming ! I need to be convinced whether it is a good idea or not.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 25 September 2004

OK, as some of you may know I am going to be heading off to Australia next year for a few months as the missus and I are looking to emmigrate out there by 2006 so we want to go and have a scouting mission to see if we like it out there.

I have a MKII 172 which I am very happy with but it is more or less standard and there are a few things I would like to do to it.......... chip, exhaust, filter, etc.

If we do go then the money I lose on mods will not be much of an issue as I have made a lot of money on my house and with selling it to move out of the country I will be stable because of the UK housing market boom.

My dilemma is, with us wanting to leave the UK within the next 18 months, is there any point in me doing anything to the car now knowing that I am going to sell it before we go ?

Thanks for any comments.

Dai

You answered your own question.........

Lionel Richie

Just ship your car to aus mate!!!! they drive on the same side of the road, plus there are a few Renault dealers out there!!!

you could sell it out there for the same you paid for it here (172s are £££ in aus!!)

Neil, I dont think I did answer my own question as I still have no idea what to do ! LOL !

Cheers MM.

Fred, that is an option. Would cost £££ tho.

VaVa

MOD IT!!! Chip, filter, zaust, de-cat, manifold, headwork maybe. Its not that much cash, and if your making a bit on your house (be quick cos the prices are falling!!) than you wont miss a grand. Its f**k all in a five year plan mate!!!

In Swansea, the houses are still going up and up and up mate, we started a long way behind everyone else to start with ! LOL !

How much would all that cost and what would I expect to have at the end ? How much BHP ?

Valver

Do the absolute works to it then sell it to me for next to nothing when you go :D.

Have some fun with it before you go out, I was reading somewhere the other day about driving from A to Z in Oz is all about trying to keep your license now as there getting harsher with speeding etc.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

18 months is quite a long time in the scheme of things...Id mod it then you can sell the bits separate when you get rid of the car. Wont lose you much money really...

Cheers Martin and badinvincible, I am edging towards that option I have to admit.

I am a little worried about just stopping everything for 18 months because of other plans I have.