ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modding Thrustmaster T300RS

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I haven’t - but sounds like a good project to get involved with.

The mechanics of everything should be fairly straight-forward. Unfortunately it will be the donkey-spec drivers and APIs that will be the difficult part to get around.

Get some photos/guides up if you do anything, I got one of these in November.

I definitely need to get something done to the brake as it's terrible, why couldn't they have put a progressive spring in?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Get some photos/guides up if you do anything, I got one of these in November.

I definitely need to get something done to the brake as it's terrible, why couldn't they have put a progressive spring in?

Changed my on the pedal set of the Logitech G25 and G920 - makes the brake pedal much more controllable. Though I do feel like having had a bit of workout if I play driving games too long! ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, it's a shame all they have is stuff for the Logitech!
Does the Thrustmaster range not use generic springs?

Similarly, I noticed that the Thrustmaster RJ12-USB adapter looks to have a proprietary lug at the top of it? https://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t-rj12-usb-adapter.html

Ideally, I'd get one of these to setup a Fanatec ClubSport shifter to be used alongside my Logitech G920 wheel, but I doubt it will connect. The Fanatec adapter is about twenty Euros (which isn't too bad) but you're paying more than that to deliver the bloody thing from Germany. I'm not paying north of £40 for a basic adapter that might not work in the first place.

I did see what appears to be the perfect cable on Amazon - but its for APC UPSs, so I doubt it will work. That said, it simply is transferring a serial signal..... so there's a possibility that it might.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VYL8YN5/?tag=cliospnet01-21

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Well loadcell is in!
Feel is awesome!
Guide is here:

It really was dirt cheap!
Used the rubber cone included with the wheel, might need something a touch softer, the BBJ ones might help.
Things I did different:
- cut the top of the bracket so I could mount the load cell behind it.
Enlarged the top hole on the loadcell to M10
- tapped two M4 holes in the sides of the bracket so the rear of the load cell has some room

Do not mount the load cell solidly to the bracket, one of the sensors won't work and make braking next to impossible!

And if you're bored, the cones are called conical bumpstops and come in all shapes and sizes....

🤔 now how to adda mechanical feel to throttle and clutch.
Maybe some random linkages?
First version:
IMG-20200126-WA0001.jpg

Final version:
20200131-191935.jpg

997.1, Caddy, e208
Does the drivehub not allow for cross manufacturer peripherals?

Might be something podger could add?