ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modification for Cup

One quick question for cup/172/182.

How can i modify my cup e.g buying a piper cross induction kit without screwing my warranty. My local renault dealership told me if i was to modify anything my 3 year warranty would be out the window. Why is this the case, how have you lot modified your cars, have you bought your cars fully without being on a finance option. Or if you are on finance options have you just modified them anyway. Most people on this site who own 172s cups, have done some kind of modifications to their cars.

Its really annoying that i cant do anything to my cup.

Any advice would be appreciated

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Try a different dealer...

When I had my Cup I enquired about mods and the service mananger was fine with things like an induction kit or a cat-back exhaust.

172 cup TT

howdy buddy - i had psteering completely go on me.. towd to dealer and have car lowered, cat back zorst, Viper IK, and chip but all done fine under warrenty.. even said "wheres your superchip coz youve had that done havent you?" - found this a bit of a strange thing to say... anyone have any ideas why this was said?