ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modifying too late ?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guyz, ive only had my clio for a few months now and am thinking of some serious mods, but i was just wondering what peeps opinions were of when, or if its ever too late to bother spending alot on mods, in terms of mileage etc ?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Depends what mods you have got planned. by serious you mean, ITBs turbo or charger? or do you mean matched inlets.

It also depends why tou want to mod, is it to improve the car daily or is it going to be a track toy?

Our ITB'd track car is up on like 90K and still running on the standard engine, its had a LSD put in due to destroying the original, the box has been rebuilt.

Clio 172 Cup
its just a road car atm, its on 59k but am thinking of taking it on the track as well. So far ive got the exhaust sorted and am in the process of ordering some new discs and pads. I was thinking the whole works really, forged pistons, uprated con rods, ITB, cam shafts etc, but then again im not planning to sell it, im just basically going to drive it until it dies.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
its just a road car atm, its on 59k but am thinking of taking it on the track as well. So far ive got the exhaust sorted and am in the process of ordering some new discs and pads. I was thinking the whole works really, forged pistons, uprated con rods, ITB, cam shafts etc, but then again im not planning to sell it, im just basically going to drive it until it dies.

Its alot of money, personally for track yes but you will never see the potential of it all on the road.

But before splashing the cash on engine work d be upgrading suspension etc, power last.