ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco 172 Kettering

04 Monaco Blue 172
yoo,

yeah me mate, just leaving work, bloody traffic lights cause hell

yeah, bishop, i was a year or 2 below you i think.

i remember seeing you at balance gym a few times too in a civic jordan

lovely 182 youve got fella

BG 182 FF
Yeah that was my Jordan mate, miss that car.

Cheers mate urs looks good too, what sus you got it on looks nice and low

Thought I recognised u mate

04 Monaco Blue 172
I test drove a jordan before i bought my old astra coupe turbo, nice cars

Its just lowered on springs from ebay lol 30mm, not bouncy, just nice. cant afford eibachs since buying a house

Yeah, i thought i reconised you too, i like your wheels mate, suit it nice

Im not spending anymore on mine, i want a civic type r lol

BG 182 FF
Cheers mate I think I'm done buying things for mine now, I would have liked an ep3 type r but a nice one was a lot more than a nice 182 at the time, hope u find a good one, get a spoon n1 exhaust on it

04 Monaco Blue 172
Yeah, they have dipped in price now, 5k can get a good facelift ep3, jae yesterday gave alot of ideas, lowering on meister r coilovers and im thinking a blitz exhaust will be nice, rotas to maybe

BG 182 FF
Yeah saw and heard a lot of jap cars about, didn't go this year though have bin last two years though, there's a pre facelift silver one on piston heads that a guy owns on the ise lodge that I've followed home a few times and that is mint

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I had a Monaco Blue 172, then a Civic Type R (EP3) and now have a 182 Cup.

Type R has amazing build quality, addictive rev hungry engine which begs to be buried into the limiter every time you get in it.
Traction is poor in the cold/winter and the rain.
Bridgestone tyres (OEM)
dry = great,
wet = leave car in garage and get bus to work.

My 172 was far more predictable in the handling stakes than the type R, not much in it speed wise.
182 Cup has similar suspension/ ride firmness to Type R but again handles nicer, doesnt put the willies up you like the Honda sometimes does.

182 Cup handling a massive improvement over my 172 too.

04 Monaco Blue 172
im considering it due to the size of the car lol

im not exactly short and i do feel cramped in the clio with the seat all the way back :(

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Yeah EP3s are great. I just couldnt put up with the MPG it gives compared with the 182. I know it's not a massive drop but it's enough for me :(

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Best car I've ever had! Just needs a new exhaust because mine is extremley loud heh. Dan@519 said it's a mish mash of parts :S Apart from that it's ace, it dosent like those speed bumps at the leisure village though, have to slow right down for those.

Oh and I've copied your black front badge after seeing you that one time. It looked ace. I'm so sorry lol.

04 Monaco Blue 172
everyone goes for the yozzas lol

i almost bought a 197 3 years ago, sort of wish id got that then

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Probably a KTR supersports for me.

Oh and hi again Joe, spotted you on my way home :approve: