ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monaco polish/wax for the winter

RB 182
After months of looking for a tidy towing car I decided to knock things on the head and buy another CS lol. I capped my budget down and this little tinker cropped up.

After a jet wash, deep clean and then left dry we (me and Matt350) started to clay bar the car in preparation for machine polishing. Despite the bodywork looking pretty immaculate the clay bar soon showed that there was plenty of scum on the surface! I used Bilt Hamber Regular clay and Dodo Juice born slippy lube. Despite the cold weather the clay softened eventually and the lube worked very well ;)

Now Mirror smooth I worked on an aggressive cutting compound and Matt did the final finish, we had two DA machines to speed things up! There were still signs of scratches after a few minutes of polishing so I decided to leave them be. This can be something to tackle in the summer when there is less pressure to finish the car with the poor weather. I also didn't want to risk cutting the paint too thin, so I will more than likely take the car to a detailer for paint correction next.

Once finished Matt I applied the old faithful AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection. On my previous cars I've left the Gloss protection cure for a day and then re-applied for a super wet look, this detail is purely to seal the car for the winter so I went straight onto wax. For this I used Collinite 845 which is a bottle form of wax. I read the reviews that it was ideal for winter use and gave little shine for a "wet finish". The outcome was this unsurprisingly, it looked no better than the AG Gloss protection but I wasn't too bothered. I was hoping for one of the free sample pots in the detailing thread but that was never to be :(

I used a local company (perfectlycleaned.co.uk) for my products. I was able to drive there and collect from their warehouse, only being 15minute drive it worked out better than waiting a week for delivery! :)

Few pics, light was getting bad so the pics don't do the car that much justice.

IMAG0106_zpsd4ab6340.gif

IMAG0104_zpsff2d1ec5.gif

IMAG0101_zps4a2864a1.gif

IMAG0105_zpsb6e43791.gif

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Monaco + standard wheels looks minty fresh IMO! Defo needs a bit of tyre shine though dude to finish off the hardwork!

RB 182
Cheers mate, It now has a yozza exhaust :) Cooksport springs are going on this weekend so that I can run my 15" O.Z's then that'll be it mod wise.